Train Station closed to non ticket holders

Yorcard seems to have failed as soon as it started so there is no chance it could work on the trains. Look at the problems the bus companies have had with it.

Conductors are on trains but even on half empty trains they often dont check tickets. Yet bizarrely Ive had tickets checked on busy trains where people are standing up.

Tickets are best bought online rather than the ticket office or machines.

Barriers are best kept at the entrances to the platform steps and lifts therefore no access to the platform unless you have a ticket. If you arrive at the station without a ticket then you have free access to machines and ticket office via the bridge.

Does anyone know, with this new system, if they've relocated a ticket collection machine to the tramstop entrance?

I ask as almost every time I travel from the Midland station, I book the tickets in advance on the internet, and have the collection machine print out my ticket when I get to the station. If I don't have a ticket, which I won't - because it's not been printed out of the collection machine - will the EMT police allow me into the station?

Does anyone know, with this new system, if they've relocated a ticket collection machine to the tramstop entrance?

I ask as almost every time I travel from the Midland station, I book the tickets in advance on the internet, and have the collection machine print out my ticket when I get to the station. If I don't have a ticket, which I won't - because it's not been printed out of the collection machine - will the EMT police allow me into the station?

Probably tell you to walk all the way around to the main entrance.

Saying that, I didn't see any ticket machine when I got off the tram yesterday

It's obviously not just those in Westminster with their snouts in the trough. Which little pigs in the town hall are feeding off EMT?

Sorry folks if this has already been asked ... haven't read all 24 pages.

I'm confused ... what about rail users that wish to buy their ticket in the station? Are they allowed to go over the bridge to the main bit where you buy tickets?

How do you prove you are a rail traveller going to buy a ticket?

Does it mean only people with a pre-paid type ticket can get a train without having to go the long way around?

Thanks.

Sorry folks if this has already been asked ... haven't read all 24 pages.

I'm confused ... what about rail users that wish to buy their ticket in the station? Are they allowed to go over the bridge to the main bit where you buy tickets?

How do you prove you are a rail traveller going to buy a ticket?

Does it mean only people with a pre-paid type ticket can get a train without having to go the long way around?

Thanks.

There is a self service ticket Machine in the lobby

If closing the bridge stops fare dodgers on the trains, then I suggest they close the pavements to stop fare dodgers on the buses and trams.

If that works then close shops to stop shop lifters and banks to stop bank robbers.

Then close parliament to stop .... naah thats daft .....they'll find another way of fiddling

Edited by Tooeg

Interesting twist by EMT, presumably to give a deliberately misleading impression. Apparently EMT said the checks "prevented hundreds of people trying to fraudulently access train services without a valid ticket". Exactly how did they distinguish between those people dishonestly trying to travel without paying and those honestly trying to cross the bridge without intending to go on a train at all? Of course they couldn't.

could be due to the number of tickets sold by the staff on the barrier and the amount of revenue earned by them staff ! just a thought

But these machines offer no advice on suitable tickets etc. The machines offer a range of tickets, but not all.

Similarly if you wish to use the Travel Centre for information, the new system will deny you access.

There is a self service ticket Machine in the lobby

If closing the bridge stops fare dodgers on the trains, then I suggest they close the pavements to stop fare dodgers on the buses and trams.

If that works then close shops to stop shop lifters and banks to stop bank robbers.

Then close parliament to stop .... naah thats daft .....they'll find another way of fiddling

I couldn't agree more!

(PS no, it's not that daft an idea about parliament, and I'm afraid it's true that they will find another gravy train/ trough to shove their snouts into!)

No one at the entrance at 0915 this morning or at 1600 when I came back, are they only doing the rush hour, or just selected days?