Train Station closed to non ticket holders

I thought the thread was about the need to have a ticket to access the station not about who did or didn’t finance the work done on the bridge.

It appears to be about how the station is closed to non ticket holders which seems to be rather unfair given that the access in question was largely publicly funded.

See how simply it links together into a coherent theme.

Bridge, walkway call it what you want.

No, you're still missing the point.

There is a big difference between the publically-funded walkway over Sheffield Station to Sheffield Hallam University and the city centre, and the old and unsafe pedestrian walkway several hundred yards away.

Do you actually use this access point? Or are you just jumping on some bandwagon? Because, frankly, you're coming across like you really don't know what (where) you're talking about!

It appears to be about how the station is closed to non ticket holders which seems to be rather unfair given that the access in question was largely publicly funded.

See how simply it links together into a coherent theme.

. If you say so.:hihi:if the debate started to drift into party politics as regards to what public money should be spent on I suppose that would be all part of the coherent theme as well.

No, you're still missing the point.

You are probably right I am getting them mixed up but what I do know as a regular train user is that the "open" station policy is costing them a fortune and a solution will have to be found.

If people are going to use the walkway they are going to need a ticket or access to the stairs leading to the walkway from the platforms will have to have barriers.

. If you say so.:hihi:if the debate started to drift into party politics as regards to what public money should be spent on I suppose that would be all part of the coherent theme as well.

No, it's nothing at all to do with party politics. It's purely a matter of accountability.........

No, it's nothing at all to do with party politics. It's purely a matter of accountability.........

Exactly - we're in an unusual position where all three elected parties - Lib-dem, Labour and Green - oppose the closing of this public route.

Exactly - we're in an unusual position where all three elected parties - Lib-dem, Labour and Green - oppose the closing of this public route.

So....whose signature was it that sealed the deal to accept public money to refurbish private property?

It's not such a difficult question, is it? :suspect:

When I went to the station this afternoon I was able to go from the concourse to the tramstop and back, calling at one of the platforms to see my daughter off, without being questioned. I presume the fare dodgers on EMT trains don't work Sundays.

I presume the fare dodgers on EMT trains don't work Sundays.

Forget the fare dodgers, if todays anything to go buy, EMT Drivers dont work sundays.

But anyway, the checks have only been inforce twice over the last week, wednesday morning, thursday afternoon. For now, I believe it will continue randomly.

So....whose signature was it that sealed the deal to accept public money to refurbish private property?

It's not such a difficult question, is it? :suspect:

I've no idea. I'd like to know. it shouldn't be private property of course: just when we thought we'd got a half-decent system where trains, trams, foot passengers and public spaces were coming together, someone screws it up by handing over important chunks to small-minded businesses!