The Hillsborough Disaster Remembrance thread

You're quite right, medusa, this subject is very touchy for some of us. Personally, I think the admin team should exercise their powers and remove any threads of this nature before they have the chance to get started. Why people keep raking over the ashes of this very traumatic incident on this forum, goodness knows.

It raises very strong emotions and should be allowed to lie now after all these years, imo.

Couldn't agree more. Opinion is always going to be hugely divided as to what caused the disaster, feelings still run high - I know mine do & naturally I feel very angry when I see certain contributions to these threads. I'm sure my opinion makes other people angry too. I'm sure this thread will descend into angry argument.

• 6 months later...

Just a heads up for anyone interested, and not a call for debating the matter here, as it has been proven, this cannot be done sensitively here, time and time again.

http://www.maghullstar.co.uk/2011/10/13/hillsborough-house-of-commons-debate-the-background-story-104897-29576968/

THE House of Commons will hold its first full-scale debate on the Hillsborough tragedy next Monday.

It will also be the first in response to an e-petition after almost 140,000 people – 40,000 more than the qualifying number – backed calls for a parliamentary discussion on the grounds of clear public interest.

Walton MP Steve Rotheram then convinced the cross-party business committee the terms of the e-petition’s motion must be debated and, barring a last-minute government climbdown, voted upon.

The motion calls for all government documents pertaining to the disaster, including cabinet minutes and No 10 discussion papers, to be released in an “unredacted, unedited and uncensored form” to the Hillsborough families and the independent panel currently scrutinising unseen documents relating to the tragedy.

Mr Rotheram believes his debate will put irresistible pressure on ministers.

He said: “It has taken 22 years, which is far too long, but at long last momentum is on our side.

“We need to ensure ministers fulfil their obligations because the families have been let down so many times previously.”

The debate will start at 7pm next Monday and will last three hours.

Unless the minister responding – most likely home secretary Theresa May – agrees to the motion, there will then be a Commons vote.

That is expected to be overwhelmingly behind the Hillsborough families because few MPs will want to be seen voting against.

I believe the Daybreak programme tomorrow will be speaking to a politician before the debate, they mentioned a cover up by politicians of the day.

Please, don't add comments, I've posted for information only. I will ask the Mods to close the thread.

• 4 weeks later...
Its seems funny that Murdoch is apologising for probably the most truthful story they have ever published!

Were Liverpool fans at least partly responsible for the deaths at Hillsborough?

I think so.

Did Liverpool fans urinate over the paramedics and steal off the dead like the Scum said they did?

Probably not.

Were Liverpool fans at least partly responsible for the deaths at Hillsborough?

I think so.

Did Liverpool fans urinate over the paramedics and steal off the dead like the Scum said they did?

Probably not.

Ask the paramedics who were on shift that day...........