Google street view of Sheffield

Firstly I just want to say I'm not concerned and looking forward to it. But I think the difference is the amount of detail from a camera driving down the road to the birds eye view which looks to be about 1000 foot up in the air.

EG street view would be able to see your big TV in the living room but live wouldnt have the detail.

Unless I wasnt using it properly, but I couldnt get it to zoom in as close as google earth does.

I see your point, but they aren't allowed to show images of the inside of peoples homes, so i wouldn't worry.

I wonder if they can see their way to dealing with my 2005 request that they stop calling everywhere in Sheffield "Norton"... :P

The camera car is in the actual Norton today!

Exactly bro i can look at whoevers front door i want without google's help.

Whos saying that this hasn't been done before.. secretly?

Government:S

can you imagine how the red light district is going to turn out, you are in 3d view, walk around the corner and "omg put it away".

I had this theory that, at the time the current world satelite maps were taken, you can bet your last pound that some couple somewhere on the planet are making out.

I wonder if they have already been found and removed, if not then the hunt is on to find that couple.

EG street view would be able to see your big TV in the living room but live wouldnt have the detail.

Have you actually used street view? I'd be interested if you could find me a picture where you can see inside someones house..

I saw the Google car this morning in S12 it came down my street turned onto a cul de sac then went back and up the road then down another street.

I saw the Google car this morning in S12 it came down my street turned onto a cul de sac then went back and up the road then down another street.

Amazing isn't it!

Have you actually used street view? I'd be interested if you could find me a picture where you can see inside someones house..

I have used it yes.

Im not going to search around to find such an image but from what I've seen Im sure someone with a big TV in the front window will have it on show.

As the pictures do show front windows it's not hard to believe that they are shown is it?