Google street view of Sheffield

The Register are asking for pictures from anyone who sees one of these cars. Get ready with your camera phones. :)

so the whole world can see in 3d what a dump sheffield is!! and how many sh*ty living flats we have

Well I think George Orwell's better than Nostradamus. He saw into the future a bit further than he imagined!:o

I saw one parked outside the blue moon cafe next to cathedral. Hope my rights haven't been infringend :rolleyes::hihi:

Campo Lane 1.20pm today

Their aerial shots are quite a bit out of date in some areas. So expect to see half-finished buildings on streetview for some years after they've been completed. Some may even be knocked down first.

I think I prefer the "Birds Eye" views on other sites though.

The Register are asking for pictures from anyone who sees one of these cars. Get ready with your camera phones. :)

Wouldn't that mean the this Street View thing would have lots of streets where someone was aiming a camera at you? :)

And if it's coming here now, won't that mean that everyone will think that Sheffield is a giant building site for the next 10 years until they update it?

Still it'll be handy for burglars, who'll be able to plan their escape route from your house from the comfort of their laptop.

Their aerial shots are quite a bit out of date in some areas. So expect to see half-finished buildings on streetview for some years after they've been completed. Some may even be knocked down first.

I think I prefer the "Birds Eye" views on other sites though.

The aeriel shot of my work had a cloud over it (under the plane) for years but has been updated within last 12 months as I identified from a vehicle parked there.

The aeriel shot of my work had a cloud over it (under the plane) for years but has been updated within last 12 months as I identified from a vehicle parked there.

They may finally be getting round to updating then. They were way out of date when we were looking at houses.

i know that theres been a massive issue with this, lots of people saying that its coming to a stage where we have no privacy, as you will be able to literally look at peoples front doors, also the fact that thiefs can look at the locks on your house and plan to rob you...

I personally dont see the point of having this feature as you dont really need anymore than a birdseye view. :)