Google street view of Sheffield

I saw one in McDonalds car park on Queens rd and midday today. I did wonder what it was.

If I want to look at a fish finger factory on google maps, do i need to select "birdseye view"?

The Register are asking for pictures from anyone who sees one of these cars. Get ready with your camera phones. :)

I couldn't get the damn phone out in time..

they'll be a lot of housewives having to explain to hubby whos cars was parked on the drive and why the bedroom curtains were closed :hihi:

they'll be a lot of housewives having to explain to hubby whos cars was parked on the drive and why the bedroom curtains were closed :hihi:
They might particularly if the map says when it was made. I can envisage these film cars being chased down the street and relieved of their film.

I saw it today, hopefully it will be on google earth soon!

Well my house on google earth is just a patch of grass - not even building work!! So the pictures of S2 must be over 2yrs old

as you will be able to literally look at peoples front doors, also the fact that thiefs can look at the locks on your house and plan to rob you...

What a load of old cobblers.

Would you stop people walking past your house, in case they were planning to rob your stuff?

If I want to look at a fish finger factory on google maps, do i need to select "birdseye view"?

If you want to locate one select 'Findus'

:huh:Sorry

Still it'll be handy for burglars, who'll be able to plan their escape route from your house from the comfort of their laptop.

The images have great potential. They should be illegal due to their militarial importance if you ask me.

What a load of old cobblers.

Would you stop people walking past your house, in case they were planning to rob your stuff?

id question them if they were stood outside for ages eyeing up the property.. while looking on the net, they can zoom in and look for aslong as you want without you even knowing.

id question them if they were stood outside for ages eyeing up the property.. while looking on the net, they can zoom in and look for aslong as you want without you even knowing.

Street View has been available in the US for ages now. Can you point me to one shred of evidence that a crime/burglary has been committed as a result of it? I haven't looked, but I'd be astounded if you could.