Bin emptying-surely not another week without it being emptied!

our bin is full and we have 6 black bags next to it as we dint get it emptied last monday

6 bags - you must have a large family! :o Or a heck of a lot of rubbish. Our bin should have been emptied on Friday, I didn't bother putting it out cos I knew the lorry wouldn't make it down our street (hilly & not gritted). But its less than half full so its not a problem to leave it for another week.

Ours get emptied on Fridays, and the council website said that they'd be emptied as normal this week. The roads were mostly clear of snow and ice by then, but needless to say they never turned up.

We usually fill our bin with 3 full bags per week. Fortunately we keep it, and this week's overflow, in the garage so it's not too bad, but I don't know how people cope when they've got to keep their surplus full binbags in the house for a week or more.

Didn't even bother to put the bin out this week in the snow as it was obviously not gonna be emptied - don't generate a lot of rubbish, so only need to put the bin out about once a month anyway. Curious to know how folk manage to fill a bin each week - what on earth do you find to put in it? Two in our household, so I calculate if there were 8 of us we could fill it in a week.

Didn't even bother to put the bin out this week in the snow as it was obviously not gonna be emptied - don't generate a lot of rubbish, so only need to put the bin out about once a month anyway. Curious to know how folk manage to fill a bin each week - what on earth do you find to put in it? Two in our household, so I calculate if there were 8 of us we could fill it in a week.

Take it you haven't got kids then.

Your average teenager can generate enough rubbish to fill a wheelie bin in a couple of days - less if they eat pizza.