Sheffield gangs. How best to solve this problem?

As is the case in Colombia and Los Angeles, if these gangs are killing themselves off who really cares? I was watching a documentary about Los Angeles, and the police treat gang on gang killings very differently to a murder of a normal citizen. They basically fill in a bit of paper work and no doubt celebrate the fact that its 1 less.

The problem with them killing each other is that they aren't very good at it. They end up shooting the wrong people. Then their families end up making up stories to try and get them off.

send em to the front line. Seriously if they wana start waving knifes around then let em do it where it would do a difference. 5yrs service for possession and at least 20 for intent to use. **** em that will soon sort em out. bit of discipline will go a long way

yeah why not wouldnt do them any harm in the army, unless they got killed anyway and if they did would any one care really? one less stain on the pavement, only problem is they wouldnt do it because if it really came down to it there just a bunch of cowards who pick on people who cant do anything back to them and if it did come down to it in a military situation they would probably just cower in a ditch because now the bullets and bayonets and coming back at them

yeah why not wouldnt do them any harm in the army, unless they got killed anyway and if they did would any one care really? one less stain on the pavement, only problem is they wouldnt do it because if it really came down to it there just a bunch of cowards who pick on people who cant do anything back to them and if it did come down to it in a military situation they would probably just cower in a ditch because now the bullets and bayonets and coming back at them

If I was in the army and on the front line, the last thing I would want is tosspots with guns watching my back. I'd rather professionals. As would every army bloke.

It's a non starter that argument. A modern version of national service might be good though. :)

well i see where your coming from but how many kids think their parents are cool? a good influence maybe but most kids idolise sportsmen and actors and the like, you can be the best parent in the world but if some famouse person your kid looks up to messes up the obviously its going to raise issues in their mind when suddenly the footballer theyve always wanted to be glasses someone in a nightclub its only going to have a negative effect
no my friend its not about being cool parents or influence its example and teaching and showing right from wrong,parents need to teach their kids that fame is fickle,even if your kid looked up to footballers etc he/she should have enough sense to know that if that person they idolise or look up to does negative things (not talking about mistake cos no-one perfect)that this is not the role model they should follow and parents have to instill these qualities in them not schools not goverments or other organisations....parents

send em to the front line. Seriously if they wana start waving knifes around then let em do it where it would do a difference. 5yrs service for possession and at least 20 for intent to use. **** em that will soon sort em out. bit of discipline will go a long way

I suggested that earlier in the thread, but as someone rightly pointed out the army contains highly trained and respected people who are proper "souljaz". I respect them far too much to send these cretins of society there and compromise everyones safety.

Best place for them is down the mine shafts