Sheffield gangs. How best to solve this problem?

This is the first bit of sense that I have read on this thread!!

Fact: There are gangs in Sheffield who are killing people needlessly but to be blind to it by denying it is not going to solve the problem.

That said I feel highly embarrassed as a black person when I hear other black people playing the poverty card. You are in Sheffield, You have the same opportunities that every other person has providing you take advantage of the FREE education made available to you and don't alienate yourselves by hanging around the streets looking intimidating.

Based on people that I know the motivation for being in a gang is Greed, Respect amongst peers, Bling and fast cars!

I teach my own son that the way to get what you want in life is to stick your head in a book and don't come out untill you have learned something worthwhile!

at last someone with sense

I agree with you entirely nufffsaid, I advise my kids to do the right thing and get an education but I also have an education and a good job despite being brought up in poverty myself.

I alway remind my kids that we would not have our nice house and they wouldn't have all the latest gadjets if I had not applied this principle to myself.

I believe firmly that the best way for children to learn is from the actions and achievements of the parent, If the parent has the right attitude then the children will follow.

unfortunatly it only takes one bad egg to pull good kids down you can always do the right thing by your kids but if they have a bad egg of a mate who can influence them in the slightest all the hard work youve put in would be for nothing and its these we need to watch out for

Are you related to this martyboy?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=455205

You think Sheffield is the best city in the world on one thread............two minutes later Sheffield is Chicago in the 1920's.

How on earth do we discuss anything with someone who is all over the place?

I wouldn't really compare sheffield with 1920s America. They had to prohibition to rally against. Al Capone and his cronies were proper gangsters.

wot r u talkin about man?look no further than the home and parents ,wot u see in soceity is spilling out from the homes first.

Lack of respect,lack of disicpline,lack of morals,lack of father figures,lack of examples (as many parents teach do as i say and not as i do)because they drink to excess,smoke weed etc(cos its not really a drug is it?):rolleyes:where r the parents of these youth when they doing these things and when they do get caught parents are all too ready to provide false alibi's as shown in recent cases.

If parents do thier job right kids would'nt even listen to fools that rap garbage and idolise footballers that have anger and respect issues. train a child in the way that he should go and he will not depart from it.

well i see where your coming from but how many kids think their parents are cool? a good influence maybe but most kids idolise sportsmen and actors and the like, you can be the best parent in the world but if some famouse person your kid looks up to messes up the obviously its going to raise issues in their mind when suddenly the footballer theyve always wanted to be glasses someone in a nightclub its only going to have a negative effect

who the fuk r u man, i neva said i woz a soldier, I use the word souljah bcoz i am a strong person n am n hav been a souljah thru life, u dnt me blud, no matta wot life throws at me i just keep soldierin on

Do you come complete with an interpreter?

what it is, is that in america,and other such places, there are some real ghettos,predominatly black,and now for some reason, our youth wish to immitate that typically black american ghetto attitude and the ironic thing this is i think it is just as much,if not more of a problem in white youths... just my opinion...

if we could only see the real beauty of this world we live in

Ever been to le ghetto d'Broomhall?

aggreed the prisons arnt a punishment at all maybe if hard labour was introduced instead of training to make the criminal more qualified when they leave prison the wourld would be a better place, prison time should be time lost to someone who breaks the law why should my taxes pay for criminals to get an education for breaking the law? if prison was taking time from a criminal rather than a break with perks then less people would break the law in fear of being punished rather than nurtured

Prisons aren't a deterrant any more. Not so long ago you'd get sent to oz for stealing a ****ing apple. Petty larceny etc and all that ********. They didn't get tvs and kettles. Bring back public hangings, that'll right things.

your compassion and understanding of todays youth is commendable:rolleyes:

People who hang around street corners beating people up, throwing things at people's property and making decent members of society's life hell deserve no compassion or understanding. Admittedly, these laughable videos they make could potentially make someone feel sorry for them, but mostly its just out of pity.

bottom line is there are still people getting killed on the streets here and i dont give a castle maine **** about columbia this is a civilised country not a 3rd world gaf hole like over there if people wanna live like that they should **** off to columbia or some other dump and be big hard gangsters they all aspire to be otherwist sit down and grow up silly little big mouthed cowards

As is the case in Colombia and Los Angeles, if these gangs are killing themselves off who really cares? I was watching a documentary about Los Angeles, and the police treat gang on gang killings very differently to a murder of a normal citizen. They basically fill in a bit of paper work and no doubt celebrate the fact that its 1 less.