No claims bonus - help, i need your knowledge!

will i have any no claims bonus?

i passed my test in may 2007, had a little prang in august 2007, then not claimed anything since. been with same insurer since passed test

my insurance is due to be renewed in june this year.

does this mean i will be able to say i have one years no claims or does it not work like that?

:huh::help:

no claims bonus is based on the princple of whether or not you've made a claim on your insurance. If you have then it will be affected and if not then it wont. If you' ve had an accident or whatever and decided not to claim that means you've absorbed the cost of repair/replacement and therefore this should not affect your no claims bonus and insurance premium

Im sure your insurance will go up as you haven`t got and no claims to begin with

It will tell you on your insurance renewal notice how many years no claims you have.

i only passed my test in may 2007, and bought the car in june 2007, so have only had insurance since then. as i crashed it not long after buying it - august 2007 (schoolboy, i know!) the renewel quote for june 2008 was the same as the price as when i had first bought it - £980, (inexprienced driver).

i am now no longer an inexperienced driver, but am wondering if going from june 2008 - june 2009 without making a claim will entitle me to 1 years no claims or do i have to wait two years before it counts?

am looking early to try and find the best quote so i can have the money in the bank ready when it comes round, have done searches saying i have 1 years, but not sure if i can say this as im not sure how they calculate it....

call your insurance company today ask them some make you wait longer than 2 years all depends on the company

Not to Hijack the thread but i've been having a problem with No claims as well. I bought the car February 2007 and have been insured on it since then. but I didn't pass my test until September 2007. So will I have two years no claims this month, or two years in September? Or does it differ?

I'm with Direct Line who seem to consider it as two, but anywhere else I don't think they do?

Not to Hijack the thread but i've been having a problem with No claims as well. I bought the car February 2007 and have been insured on it since then. but I didn't pass my test until September 2007. So will I have two years no claims this month, or two years in September? Or does it differ?

I'm with Direct Line who seem to consider it as two, but anywhere else I don't think they do?

If you have been continuously insured in your own name for 2 consecutive years with no claims you should have 2 yrs NCB at renewal

It really is pointless coming on here to ask these questions as the only reliable source is your own insurance company. We can all speculate but at the end of the day if you apply for a quote telling them you have x years no claims and you haven't then that quote will be invalid.

Ask your existing insurer how many years, if any, you have.