The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

Depends if you need to commute to work or not, I guess...

I love the stuff, but my 13 miles commute in a RWD car loathes it in equal measure :hihi: (can be "made" fun at times, although driving behaviour entirely irresponsible/unadvisable of course ;))

EDIT - Tip @ Lozzypop

On snow/black ice, always try to drive in 2nd or even 3rd gear rather than 1st when crawling.

Much less chance of slippage (I'll spare you the physics of it all :hihi:)

Yep I had to commute to s26 to s7, but thankfully the gritters had been out throughout town and most of the main roads, got a bit slippy around Carterknowle/Millhouses though. When im on foot, i quite enjoy slipping around, it makes me laugh and reminds me of when I was little, but its not so much fun in the car!

i agree too was dissapointed more than the kids when i saw no snow,i do agree with tess tho i hate driving in it.

I only like snow if we have enough to get snowed in so I don't have to go to work! :hihi:

Well thats always a bonus, love snow at weekends, I love sledging and its even more useful now my baby brothers nearly 4 - I have an excuse to go, instead of me and fella, (19 and 22) looking like big kids by ourselves!

Yeah, I've heard its been quite deep on the West Pennines for a change. Wish I'd taken the day off work and gone walking.

Depends if you need to commute to work or not, I guess...

I love the stuff, but my 13 miles commute in a RWD car loathes it in equal measure :hihi: (can be "made" fun at times, although driving behaviour entirely irresponsible/unadvisable of course ;))

EDIT - Tip @ Lozzypop

On snow/black ice, always try to drive in 2nd or even 3rd gear rather than 1st when crawling.

Much less chance of slippage (I'll spare you the physics of it all :hihi:)

buy a 4x4 -no problems then,but watch out for the green brigade:D

I was sad too. My mum woke me up and said look out the window, it's snowing! and it was absolutely beautiful. Had a very thin layer over in S20, black ice in the car park where a work on the parkway industrial estate outside town, a bit dangerous as my car skidded round the car park even though i was only in 1st gear and couldn't go any slower!

Hope it snows again though, i love snow :) very christmassy

I live in s20 / Sothall and I woke up this morning and there was absolutely nothing outside, same as the past couple of days

Off-topicness

buy a 4x4 -no problems then,but watch out for the green brigade:D

Ah, but I do have one. It's a "semi-civilized" affair: see, it should please the green brigade on paper (it's a saloon), but it can't please the green brigade (it likes fuel -lots- and there's an 'image' problem).

Have you guessed yet? It's a scooby Impreza :D

Off-topicness

Ah, but I do have one. It's a "semi-civilized" affair: see, it should please the green brigade on paper (it's a saloon), but it can't please the green brigade (it likes fuel -lots- and there's an 'image' problem).

More off topic-ness..

Can I borrow it :D

Off-topicness

Won't impress much in Sheffield with all the traffic lights and tail-backs.

Do you ever get out of 2nd. gear :P