The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

I love snow usually but I have a funeral in Burnley tomorrow and one in Heysham on Friday, anyone want to swap a 4X4 for a focus for 2 days?

This 'blizzard' is predicted to start around 3-4 am so chaos will reign in the morning rush hour.

Bus drivers and teachers will automatically get a day off.....so we might as well have one too :D

woot, I think I will be working from home tomorrow, considering I live on the windy top of Crookes, we always get the snow :)

Right then, you lot sit here and debate if it's going to be snow or rain and I'll go out and indulge in a spot of panick buying :) :) :) .

Right then, you lot sit here and debate if it's going to be snow or rain and I'll go out and indulge in a spot of panick buying :) :) :) .

God yeah, I need milk, bread and petrol and Im sorted. Ive heard theres already been mob scenes in Morrissons bread isle.

Whenever we get lots of snow its ALWAYS on a Thursday!!

Certainly the case in the 1947 winter....every Thursday without fail.

Trouble was, it was every other day too!

Just been reading about it - between 22 January and 17 March '47, there was a recorded snowfall somewhere in the UK.

public transport ,yeah right. if we get a lot all those people from the green brigade who slag off us 4x4 drivers will be sat stuck in the snow in their little dinky toy cars.:D:D:D:hihi::hihi::banana::banana::banana:

I love snow usually but I have a funeral in Burnley tomorrow and one in Heysham on Friday, anyone want to swap a 4X4 for a focus for 2 days?

no chance mate -my discovery will be getting me round as normal:thumbsup:

that was the funny

"use publc transport"

LMAO

the buses struggle enough with the rain let alone the snow!

dull

public transport ,yeah right. if we get a lot all those people from the green brigade who slag off us 4x4 drivers will be sat stuck in the snow in their little dinky toy cars.:D:D:D:hihi::hihi::banana::banana::banana:

And 4x4 drivers will be stuck behind the dinky cars and public transport

in the gridlock that is sure to occur, with no space to get through.

that was the funny

"use publc transport"

LMAO

the buses struggle enough with the rain let alone the snow!

dull

exactly,a bit of sleet stops the buses abd the wrong kind of snow will stop thr trains

And 4x4 drivers will be stuck behind the dinky cars and public transport

in the gridlock that is sure to occur, with no space to get through.

havind a 4x4 means i can use back roads and ungritted roads while buses and cars all get stuck on main roads:thumbsup:

exactly,a bit of sleet stops the buses abd the wrong kind of snow will stop thr trains

So not much point having your 4x4 out then if you want to get anywhere on a main road.