Shocking taxi service by Shefftax

Originally posted by cgksheff

Thanks, Kristian,

I repeat. There is no longer any such thing as a secured advance booking!

there is really no taxi compnay in sheffield that will honour prebookings? I had hoped this was just a problem with certain dodgy companies...what do people do if they need to go to the airport in a taxi?

• 1 year later...

This is a reprsentative of Shefftax.

I have recently only come across this complaint. I would like to on behalf of the company appologise for the grievance we have caused you and your husband.

We have attempted to contact you through sheffield forum in an attempt to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. But currently we have had no success .

If you could kindly get in touch with us, we would be more than happy to try and resolve the matter.

Thanks,

This is a reprsentative of Shefftax.

I have recently only come across this complaint. I would like to on behalf of the company appologise for the grievance we have caused you and your husband.

Well, Mr Representative of Shefftax she's not the only one with a complaint. There was this from me back in July:

"Ordered a taxi from Shefftax to get my husband to the station for the 5.20 am London train... didn't turn up.... loads of excuses, ("he's in the next road" etc. "Why is he in the next road? We live in this one") all a load of rubbish. Missed his train, plans all b*ggered up, ended up going for the first bus of the day. Taxi showed up here at 5.30 am saying his mate had had a puncture so he'd come out instead. If that was the case why didn't the office tell us?

And now I'm wide awake and stressed out and posting on here at a silly time in the morning!"

And then there was the time you left us stranded again when we were trying to get to the station to catch a train to Manchester Airport en route to the USA. That was a fun time too!

Clearly we're not expecting yo to do anything about this now, but it might give you an idea that all is not well with your bookings system!

• 8 months later...

Can anyone tell me the name of a good reliable taxi company.

We have just returned from two weeks of sun and had a lovely time only to be let

down yet again by a so called taxi co.

They didn't turn up to pick us up to go to the and we only just made our flight and were

nowhere to be seen on our return.

hehehe.....I've gradually worked my way through quite a few taxi companies.

I used one company for ages, but one day when I needed a taxi to get to teh station they sent someone who arrived about 20 minutes early - I wasn't even dressed. I popped out and explained the situation, and he said that if I sent him away I'd have to rebook, and if I asked him to wait I'd have to pay. I contacted his despatcher and she was totally useless as well.

That was it - I'd used them for a year or two but their service had declined and I just switched immediately.

In some months I've spent around £50 with hire cars - not including black cab fares. The £50 now goes elsewhere.

At the moment I've had reasonable service from Phoenix.

Archived