Shocking taxi service by Shefftax

Its simple really. If you book with a bigger firm like RCA or Mercury then law of averages say there will be a car in the area. It doesn't matter if you book a year in advance IF a car isn't in the vicinity then they won't come.

So best sticking to RCA/Mercury. Sometimes they might let you down but at least you have a decent chance of getting one on time with so many cars on their books.:thumbsup:

I recently booked with Shefftaxi's for a 7am pickup. I immediately suspected they wouldn't turn up at 7am when they asked what time my bus left. Got a call at 7.00 to say they were on there way ... didn't have my wits about me to say shouldn't you be here already. Finally arrived at 7.20am and then tried to take me to the train station - I just got there in time. Won't be using them again.

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

I recently booked with Shefftaxi's for a 7am pickup. I immediately suspected they wouldn't turn up at 7am when they asked what time my bus left. Got a call at 7.00 to say they were on there way ... didn't have my wits about me to say shouldn't you be here already. Finally arrived at 7.20am and then tried to take me to the train station - I just got there in time. Won't be using them again.

All companies ask this.

If you only allow a short amount of time, they are likely not to take the booking, or advise that you have it earlier.

Also for other readers, this thread is 2 years old.

Yeah I totally agree with you, I wanted to take my dog to the vet. The taxi turned up 2 hours later, the driver couldn't speak a word of English and when he saw my ill dog he said sorry and then something like no kutay allowed, 1 hour later dog die in my lap, I am trying to sek compenstion from them as I have lost the love of my life and my soul mate.

Makes you wonder who gives these people a licence in the first place:loopy::rant::huh::mad:

After being let down by several taxi companies when booking to go to airports we always find it much better to just drive there ourselves and book into one of the car parks near by it is usually cheaper than a taxi any way.

Why don't i believe a word you are saying?

The taxi turned up 2 hours later, the driver couldn't speak a word of English and when he saw my ill dog he said sorry and then something like no kutay allowed, 1 hour later dog die in my lap :loopy::rant::huh::mad:

You sat there for TWO hours waiting and after he left you without saying a word in English you wait another hour for the dog to die? Sounds like you were trying your best to get to the vets then? :huh:

What prevented you from making a simple phone call to another taxi firm in three hours..... shum exageration shumwhere methinks :rolleyes:

Shefftax maybe is a poorly run firm but some of the tall tales from it's supposed customers are hillarious, they deserve each other.

Eat your heart out Sherlock! :hihi:

They went to the trouble of calling you that the taxi was on it's way?

Not known to ever happened before.

Some firms have a call back system where drivers trigger the computer to call when they actually arrive but never twenty minutes before arrival to say they are now setting off, wonderfull :hihi: