Does anyone know if Endcliffe Park playground is open yet?

when does endcliffe park playground open? thinking of going over with the little ones :)

No it's not I'm afraid but in good weather the cafe staff put little slides etc out by the tables. I'm not sure when the exact date was meant to be but it was in October sometime, but I don't think that will be the case. It looks like it's going to be fab though!

thats a shame, cheers though :) does indeed look like it's going to be great!

I feel sorry for todays kids having only super safe playgrounds patrolled by over anxious parents.

I feel sorry for todays kids having only super safe playgrounds patrolled by over anxious parents.

Do they? It's just one of many options.

The playground has been delayed by a number of things, mostly the weather but will be open on Tuesday 4th November. It does indeed not only look fabulous but will actually be fabulous.

There is absolutely no need for any parents to be over anxious,make the choice yourselves. Be as chilled out as you want to be or if you want to be anxious then go for it.Don't listen to anybody who make sweeping generalisations about the entire population.

It has equipment for children of different abilities, including those with special needs, so in this case it needs to be super safe.

I was really looking forward to this park, but looking at the plans it appears that the only thing my son could do is the roundabout :( not really worth travelling all that way for really which seems a shame.

It's so annoying, shut all over the summer holidays and again over half term.:(

It's so annoying, shut all over the summer holidays and again over half term.:(

It is the only time they could do it.

It looks very interesting. The only thing that bothers me is the wood chippings for flooring under the climbing area. That will be a mud bath in no time. Why couldn't they have used that springy tarmac stuff which is so good.

Took little Wibbles to the new Endcliffe Park playground on Sunday and I have to say...what a disappointment. Is that the best they can come up with??

Little'un is 2 and a bit and apart from some pointless little climbing frame there was nothing else for him to enjoy independently apart from splashing in a puddle.

Given the amount of fuss and fundraising required to complete the play area the end result is poor. I'm afraid erecting a cool looking climbing frame and a few new swings is somewhat lazy planning. I wish someone would actually consider what kids like doing. Ok, some like climbing and swinging but there are others who would like a bit of stimulation and interest especially the younger ones. We try and encourage our kids to be independent and aware of their own abilities yet playgrounds supress this, along with over zealous health and safety design.

I want him to do what kids should be doing...getting down on his hands and knees, getting dirty, picking things up, crawling through tunnels, hiding, running around, stacking things, splashing in muddy water. Endcliffe Park play area just doesn't provide enough.The little'un got most enjoyment out of splashing in the puddles with his wellies on so that was money well spent!

Mind you the matching body warmers, golden retriever, large sunglasses, 2.4 perfect children called Milly and Molly, pointless overly large 4x4 driving brigade seem to like it.

I don't have the link to hand but I recall reading in a building or architecture magazine about play areas in Europe, probably Holland and Germany and how much more developed and imaginative the designs are.