Mother of 8 complaining about state of house

yes, but most people base their opinions on what they know, not what they make up to try and sensationalise a story which is actually based on someone elses hardship..

Children are expensive

They can be, dependant on what type of lifestyle you feel you need to give them to feel like your a 'good' parent, but love, care, morals, etc don't cost a penny.

My grandmother brought ten kids up pretty much on her own, worked three jobs to do so, true they might not have had holidays abroad or wished to get up to the eyes in debt so the neighbours would think they were better than them, but back then the neighbours didn't have much either, but they had what mattered, the free stuff.

They can be, dependant on what type of lifestyle you feel you need to give them to feel like your a 'good' parent, but love, care, morals, etc don't cost a penny.

My grandmother brought ten kids up pretty much on her own, worked three jobs to do so, true they might not have had holidays abroad or wished to get up to the eyes in debt so the neighbours would think they were better than them, but back then the neighbours didn't have much either, but they had what mattered, the free stuff.

I think you're being a bit naive here. Love, care, morals certainly don't cost anything. However, mortages, shoes, clothes, food, utility bills do and the bigger the family the more money you need.

yes, but most people base their opinions on what they know, not what they make up to try and sensationalise a story which is actually based on someone elses hardship..

Some hardship is bad luck. Some is self inflicted.

Explain the self-inflicted bit you feel you have the right to judge this person on then, her house is in bad disrepair and her landlord isn't fixing it (thats all the fact were aware of right?)

Where is the self-inflicted part?

I think you're being a bit naive here. Love, care, morals certainly don't cost anything. However, mortages, shoes, clothes, food, utility bills do and the bigger the family the more money you need.

Yep, never heard the saying ' cut your cloth according to your need?' so many people are used to living beyond their means nowadays they don't even realise they are doing so anymore, being in debt, mortgages, it's all second nature.

Not everyone lives like that, using past generations as a reference shows how many many families did have huge families, and survived.

People choose their lifestyle, if you want materialistic things in your life great, just don't judge other people by your own greed.

Yep, never heard the saying ' cut your cloth according to your need?' so many people are used to living beyond their means nowadays they don't even realise they are doing so anymore, being in debt, mortgages, it's all second nature.

Not everyone lives like that, using past generations as a reference shows how many many families did have huge families, and survived.

People choose their lifestyle, if you want materialistic things in your life great, just don't judge other people by your own greed.

not read any of your other posts on any other threads but you make bloody good sense on this one :thumbsup:and not got your head stuck up your own arse like some on here :rolleyes:

You're right, living with debt has become a way of life, whether you start out owing vast amounts of money, through university or be it through mortgages, catalogues, credit cards whatever. Anyone can get credit these days, or rather they used to be able to and look where it's lead. When my parents first bought their house, the rule of thumb was that one borrowed (ie the man, mortgages based on a joint income were virtually unheard of) one times his annual income. Nowadays or rather recently people have been borrowing up to 5 times the amount. I blame Thatcherism myself, instead of her so called meritocracy people have are so aspirational now and see mortgages, cars, plasma screen TVs, holidays abroad as an entitlement. The demand for ownership forced property prices up to ridiculous levels, unaffordable for many and unsustainable. The buy to let sector went mad and many people have been forced to go down the social housing route.

Sorry - have gone off topic.

God I hate this "holier than thou" attitude that so often rears it's ugly head on here. That woman might be a hard working soul who just wants her landlord to fulfil his duties! She has every right to expect that, just as any other council tenant does. And how can any of you spout that crap, basically accusing her of being a slapper? I have 5 kids, all planned, all loved, and I'm certainly no slapper. If my husband left me, then I would be a single mum of 5, and I would have to go on income support. I would have no choice. She may be the same...You "perfect people" cannot accuse someone of being a benefit scrounger, just on the basis of how many kids she has. One day, your attitudes may just come back and bite you on the ass! Oh what it must be like to be so bloody perfect!