Mother of 8 complaining about state of house

Well, I have to say that the bigots of SF have truly excelled themselves on this thread .... phew! I hope the lady in question or any of her family or friends aren't reading this thread ... I've never read such a collection of hastily formed, ill informed opinions since the last time. Talk about making it up as you go along. :rolleyes:

You should all form a clique to go conclusion jumping on wet afternoons :)

I hope they are reading this thread. If I'm a bigot, then bring it on. Sorry but I'm sick of looking at my wage slip and seeing tax etc taken out, then going on to have to pay council tax for people like her to start having kids at 15.

ps: would you like to contribute a larger share towards Council tax to let us bigots save a few pennies which we can then use for our own families. PLEASE, there I've said it nicely!

No wonder happylady (an oxymoron if I ever read one) has a halo, she can even post when she's offline! Wow, what a talent :D

No halo my dear! Yes I am multi talented on the computer its one of the attributes I've learned while going to work which helps pay for others who chose not to take control of their own lives.

RubyDazzler

Are you saying people are wrong for complaining about this woman with the 8 kids?

I think its time for the fathers of these children to begin to act like real men, and by that, I mean they should get jobs, contribute to the upkeep of their offspring and if the lady needs a bigger house, perhaps they could provide between them. Anyone can get a woman pregnant, but it takes a man to take responsibilty.

Working people are getting taxed ever more, and are struggling more and more to make ends meet, people would like more of their own money to spend on themselves.

If that makes me a bigot then so be it.

I can fully understand where Hippylady is coming from, she is not a bigot, probably someone working her backside who, herself would probably like a bigger house

Not a dumb thread - its simple really.

Why do such people end up having so many kids when they clearly cannot afford them. Didn't say she was scrounging for extra, just simply scrounging! Expecting us to feel sorry for her!

she was only asking for what she should be getting a decent home and why should she wait when it was not her fault that she was missed out

why have a go at her being a scrounger when its not in context with the story, i think you just want to start another thread about people on benefits with lots of kids, scrounging

you probably have a better life than her, so would you like to change places with her have all those kids the benefits, i think not.

My flat also missed out on decent homes because of the previous tenant refusing. I have been told I have to wait til 2010.

Its getting a bit cold in here at the moment. With no heating ill be under the blankets this winter

So thats how to get the work done faster then huh?

dull

Perhaps see if one of the fathers would like to contribute to the upkeep of the home?

Why would he? The house is owned by the council? It's not even as if you can do things like that to your council house - even if you had money to burn, because you'd have to have, if you were going to splash out on renovating property you did not even own and could be turfed out of next week.

Why wouldn't I feel sorry for her when all her neighbours have had new windows put in but she hasn't due to an admin **** up?

How I wish I was as perfect and morally upstanding as some of the posters on here. Do you feel really good about yourselves now you have condemmed this woman. Do any of you know her personally?

All we know from the article is that she was passed over for work to be done to her house that she is entitled to and has had to complain in order to have this done. There is no other information given other than she has eight children. None of you know her personal circumstances or the circumstances of the father or fathers so you really should cease your cruel gossip.

Yes, that is what you are, heartless harridans spreading cruel gossip about somebody you do not even know, only rather than doing this over the garden fence or at the shops you are playing to a worldwide audience over the internet.

Some of the comments left by people on this thread are absolutely disgusting and I hope I never meet you in real life. In fact I would sooner meet this woman with eight children than any of you bitter and twisted, holier-than-thou, hurtful bullies.

If someone on benefits kept buying car after car, surely the authorities would question it (tho' in this screwed-up country, I doubt it), so why can people just keep banging out kid after kid?

I know the authorities must be informed of any change in circumstances. If these are having another kid (and another, and another), I'd like to see them informed that there will be no increase in their unearned benefits, but of course they'll just get more and more...:mad: