If you love CATS - please help once again

Rainrescue

I have tonight spoken to Jackie at C.A.T.S sanctuary.

I am so upset to say - that of all the people who have offered to volunteer and help her raise funds or do anything - nobody has stuck with her and helped.

Does'n't anyone care whether these poor abandoned and abused cats that she is trying to care for ever get any more food of money for their vet fees and treatment? Jackie doesn't just look after these cats - she gets calls all day and all night long - with people desperate for help for cats around the city.

People phone her constantly because the RSPCA and others just pass her number on and she always tries to help. They have no money - no volunteers and nothing in the bank account. Tonight they have just £8.00 and over £500 worth of debt at the vets - who have told her they won't treat anymore cats for her until the bill is cleared.

Rain Rescue has already donated almost £800 towards vet fees and food for C.A.TS - hoping that some people would kick in and help them to survive.

The Sheffield RSPCA being closed has put a huge burden on these penniless rescues around the city - but still this cruel city of Sheffield will always have abandoned and desperate cats. This last week C.A.T.S. have taken in 2 cats that the owner was taking to be put to sleep - nothing wrong with them - she just couldn't keep them anymore and nobody else would. She help a litter of kittens that had been abandoned in a bag - and she has sat and nursed them and bought them kitten milk at over £8.00 a tin.

she has been out at all hours trying to trap a ferral mum - who has a litter on the local allotments.

I get so upset when there are charities around the country sat on thousands - and sometimes millions in the bank account - stashing it up for goodness knows what - when there are people like Jackie at C.A.T.S who would be able to do so much with so little.

The web site that was set up for her has gone stale and nobody is updating it - and so people never donate.

Please - if you love cats. Think of those that have had cigarettes stubbed out on their body and their ears. Those that have been used as pin cushions for druggies with needles, that have been kicked so hard - their bones have broken - because these are the ones that Jackie is begging for money to feed them and take them for basic vet treatment.

If you can give her any money at all - either paypal it to us and mark it for C.A.T.S. or paypal it via their web site as seen from our rain rescue site - and hope its not too late before they close and I don't know what will happen to those poor cats may all as there is nobody else to care for them.

If you love cats - please help our local sheffield rescue.

Is the sanctuary a registered charity? I have done a bit of fundraising and would like to find out a bit more about how I may be able to help. I work for an organisation that supports the voluntary sector and I have access to information about funds currently available. Which area is the sanctuary in?

C.A.T.S is an old established registered charity from the Sheffield Firth Park area.

The few volunteers who go there - will count towards many areas of funding. I did approach Community Champions for them once as this is such a fantastic area of support for vulnerable people - I thought it would be perfect for them to help

However, the hoops and things that the sanctuary would have to do in order to get any funding was ridiculous. Yet again, those that know how to do it, or those that have the time to do it, will receive it.

Jackie does everything herself there, and doesn't have time to be doing funding applications and things - so anyone who could help - would be more than welcome.

Moonbird - I don't know what happened to the table top sales - I thought they were still going.

Helensq - thanks so much for the offer - but its cash that they need and cat food - that they don't have - all her money goes on vet bills, and now its coming upto winter - it will be the heating bills as well.

Any help for them would really be appreciated - if you could think if there is someone that could help and who loves cats - please ask for them.

Thanks Estweyn - re the poster - Jackie doesn't do computers - someone once donated one, but they never set it up for her, and she isn't technical or have the time - so

If you did have time to do something - that would be great.

I have made her one up before which is like a collage of the cats with Jackie in the middle - thanks for your offer of help.