If you love CATS - please help once again

Rainrescue

OMG!

No wonder I've been unable to get through to Jackie on the phone!

Unfortunately, since moving I have no Internet connection and am currently using my parents' whilst visiting them. Money's been a problem for me too and I've not had the petrol to get up there.

I also agreed to assist Jackie with table top sales and stuff, but didn't hear back from her. I'm horrified that the sanctuary has suffered so much since I've been unable to get in touch with her.

The key problem for Jackie isn't the donation of items to sell in order to raise funds, but bodies to actually do it.

Being disabled myself, I'm very limited as to what I can do and feel so frustrated as due to my illness am unable to work and have the time available. SO frustrating!

Rain - as soon as I can, I'll put as much fuel into my car as possible and get over there to see what I can do to help Jackie. I can't promise money at this time as I'm even having to skimp on food myself right now. I'll get her to dig out the computer and I'll have a go at setting it up for her as I used to be a software technician. I'm no expert, but I know the basics. I don't have a phone number for TattyBear, only EM unfortunately.

Oh, those poor kitties and Jackie......

What happened?

Foxy

I do remember Jackie telling me that after the earthquake we had, the ground water rose up through the floor and it all needed replacing (which had been done), but the sanctuary itself is wooden (walls and roof) so is susceptible to the weather more.

I don't know is the simple answer, but hope to see Jackie as soon as I can afford to.

Anyone who has been upto the C.AT.S. sanctuary will see that its really just a load of sheds bolted together in some shape or form. Grown over the years - very higgle de piggle de.

On the inside it looks like a proper place - on the outside - the house that jack built. (No disrespect jac)

The last 'extension' was an outside play area - and I think with all the rain thats just come - its literally parted that and some other seams - and its raining inside and flooded the outside pens.

No worries djelibeybi about not getting up - we know that people have very busy lives - and no matter how much people often want to help - family and home life have to come first - but maybe if there are people out there with time on their hands - who could help - at least to get things moving to bring some money or helping hands in for a while - they will do now that its so bad.

Why not look to see if you could write to some companies asking for money - or some funders or even pet food companies. You could do that from home without travelling up. Every little helps (so they say).

any chance we could set up a similar thread in the public forum area? not many ppl come to this end of the forum. i only did because facebook told me the sancuray as in trouble again. even if it gets taken off again like last time...at least might get some donations from the general public of sheffield!

i was talking to a forummember who was actively involved in the shelter about writing to the local schools to get them to fundraise. they said it would have to be approved by the commitee. i nevr heard anything back. i think getting schools involved could get a long term revenue stream for jackie

The key problem for Jackie isn't the donation of items to sell in order to raise funds, but bodies to actually do it.

I'll do it. Who's with me- i only have a little s[ports car so no space to transport stuff but i have some odds and ends to sell? Next weekend? Can anyone suggest a place or donate some items? Could we do a regular bootfair and stick up a big banner saying its for charidee?!

Maybe someone can go tin shaking at Art in the Gardens tomorrow? Theres plenty of rich people there. unfortunattely i am going away for a few days so i cant.

im serious about next weekend. i hope someone else is willing to aid me.

This thread is kinda worrying me.....

How many cats are under her care and is it reg as a charity? Is it her own foster cats - or does she have cats she rehomes? Ive only skim read, but feel this thread needs more details and information for people to donate.

Id gladly put up posters at work and recommend it for our works charity (can take a few months), just need to know more, thanks

Yes - if you look at the footer with Fabulous_girl and also if you follow the link to the C.A.T.S. thread - you can see it is a registered charity. They have been one for years and Jackie Longley has been helping cats around Sheffield for over 25 years that I have known her.

This is a very genuine appeal for the people of Sheffield to help this little charity. Its not only about helping the cats there - many people used to visit the sanctuary for a little bit of peace and quiet and just to stroke the cats. They used to have many vulnerable people who turned up to volunteer and also - just sit and watch the cats. Sadly that can't happen any more, because access isn't safe enough and Jackie doesn't have the time to do all the work - and look after visitors as well.

Please let me know what you are going to organise - I have to plastic collection tins we could use - but no lables for C.A.T.S - maybe there are some up there, or someone could produce us some to use?