Ramadan is approaching

Saudi and most other Arab countries have announced Eid tommorrow (Tuesday) and many Muslims aligned to London's Regents Park Masjid who follow Saudis will be cellebrating Eid with them, and the rest will have Eid on Wednesday.

Why is that Tab, my Muslims friends who live in London are celebrating today according Regents Park Mosque, why do some Muslims celebrate Eid on Wednesday if it has been annouced that Eid is today :huh:

I didnt understand how just because people are celebrating it on Tuesday are linked to a certain mosque!?

I know Arabs, Somali, Indians, Pakistanis, English people thats are celebrating tomorrow, only a few are really celebrating on Wednesday and they are mainly Pakistani..???

Why is that Tab, my Muslims friends who live in London are celebrating today according Regents Park Mosque, why do some Muslims celebrate Eid on Wednesday if it has been annouced that Eid is today :huh:

Girls,

Read Shaykh HY Hansons excellent "Ceasarian Moon Births" which explains it perfectly.

http://www.zaytuna.org/forms/Cesarean_Moon_Births_Pt_2.pdf

In short its ok if some do tue or wed. As always the criticism of Islams main tenets not chaning is actually its strength. Every single community in every single spot of earth from thousands of years ago, upto now and inshAllah the future to come, wherever they are can apply this system and it will be right for that community. Their is no need for the Muslims of Japan to do same day Eid as people in UK or San Franscisco yes?

Some people sight the moon by naked eye.

Some people use astronomical charts.

The Fiqh of Ramadhan (Islamic Law ruling) states if its cloudy, then on the 29th day of the fast - keep the 30th fast and day after is Eid. InshAllah thats what we are going to do. Its cloudy tonight isnt it? The moon isnt out either.

However, some people will use internet, moon calculations, charts and a bit of paper on lunar timetables to say "no moon is out and theirfore its Eid". The correct position is the former as its the Sunnah. However Islam is big enough to cope with difference of opinion amongst its scholars and the layman is excused remember if the scholars differ slightly.

Also someone may have seen the moon tonight, in some obscure spot on the UK but how is he going to effectively communicate it to the Muslims of the UK. For that you need an Amir (Leader) and elect one if you dont have one asap. We have one and he is doing all the moonsighting for us etc....

The final point remember is that the noble Prophet Muhammad (saw) said "Differences of opinion amongst my community are a Mercy from Allah".

So in short:

1) Dont worry about it, Celebrate Eid.

2) Technically, using Islamic Law derived from the Quran and Sunnah, visual observation is the Sunnah and not charts/graphs etc...

3) However if someone does use charts/graphs and not naked moon sighting then inshAllah the Eid is valid as the judgement rests on the Amir(Leader) to decide.

Allah knows best.

Yes you right, Ninja, and it is a three day celebration anyway :)

Yes you right, Ninja, and it is a three day celebration anyway :)

Is it a three day celebration.....(how come my friends only celebrate1 day & the 2 day is for recovery)....partying for three days....:banana: yaaay

Is it a three day celebration.....(how come my friends only celebrate1 day & the 2 day is for recovery)....partying for three days....:banana: yaaay

I believe it is the Eid ul Adha that lets you offer sacrifice for up to three days and celebrate too but this Eid is just the one day. Maybe that is why it's refered to as ther little Eid and the other being the big Eid.:huh: So make the most of it and Eid Mubarak!!:thumbsup:

So can you explain why only certain pakistani celebrate on different day?