Taybarns restaurant - has anyone been?

went here last night and was really impressed with it, you pay a maximum of £7.95 and then it is all you can eat from a huge selection including carvery, salads, pizza, chinese and a huge selection of desserts, gateaus etc. It was very busy but well worth a visit.I thought as it is quite cheap then the drinks would be over priced but for 1.95 i could get a botomless soft drink and refill whenever i wanted.

that sounds good, bottomless soft drinks are always a bonus as my fella always has two-three drinks with a meal and most buffet places charge a fortune for drinks.

Hiya

Where is Taybarns?? Never heard of it before, and sounds like a good place when free refills are included in the soft drink price :P

I've just Googled it and it's at Tankersley.

Looks great by all accounts.

went on sunday really busy but not too rushed!!!

I worked at the old Wentworth for 3 years and was a bit unsure about the thought of an "all you can eat" prospect.

I think its good value for money and the food is better than expected. Staff are great (i would say that is i know most of them). I miss the comfy feel, seems a bit noisy like a cafe.

Fantastic for a quick in out jobbie as there is no waiting about and i think it is cheap but not for a quiet meal with a few drinks after.

We went a few weeks ago, it's better than any other buffet place and you can't really grumble with the price. The food's ok, not fantastic but acceptable for the price. Would probably call in again if passing but not go out of our way to go there!

We went again on Saturday as my daughter wanted to see what it is like.

I felt again that it is a great concept, shame about the way it is carried out. There were too many disappointments with the food, eg, the rotisserie chicken was inedible as it was far too dry, the sausages and burgers were burnt black, the beans were dried hulls stuck to the serving dish, the noodles were tasteless, the pasta was bland, corn on the cob was dried out, the kebabs were overcooked, carvery meat was dry and overcooked etc. There was nothing more on the menu to reflect the fact that the price was £2 per person more than when we went on a weekday. The desserts were the only thing that seemed fresh and tasty.

It is still worth going to, because there is so much to choose from you can still manage a decent meal if you pick and choose, but it does seem a shame as it could be really good.

I dont think the food is that great, some of the food looked very dry and some greasey. It didnt look that appetizing to me.

For £7.95, which is the average pub food price I would rather eat somewhere else. It is noisey and full of kids and not the kind of place you would want to go for a evening out.

It may be convenient for families and people that eat alot but I doubt that I will ever be going again.

Seems the Star thought that it might be worth a trip out............http://www.thestar.co.uk/food/Chain-is-Taybarnstorming-value.4450307.jp

I have been here and have to say it was not very nice it was just like an all inclusive buffet on holiday! Lukewarm!! Mush!! It was more like feeding time at the zoo i would give it a wide birth and pay the same for a good carvery somewhere else.!!

When the novelty wears off i fear this will get worse :rolleyes: