1. 1. Your Favourite Local Radio Station

• Hallam FM
    • Rother FM
    • Galaxy Yorkshire
    • Magic AM
    • Real Radio
    • BBC Radio Sheffield
    • Other - Please state below

All in the list are terrible. If you drive through Manchester you pick up 3 or 4 decent radio stations. Local radio in Sheff seems to cater for either teenagers or retired folk, and leaves the rest of the population to have to listen to the awful stuff played on Radio 1.

When will BBC 6Music come on FM??!! My fave station by far.

There are no radio stations which are good all the time and local commercial radio is especially bad. If I'm listening to radio in car I change stations all the time. The only progs I know I can tolerate for entire show are on Radio 2, Jeremy Vine, Chris Evans and the Radcliffe/Maconie evening show after 8, I love their sarcastic exchanges and good music. Some good discussions on Radio 4 although I wish the presenters didn't mutter so much so I can actually hear them esp Today presenters and Jenny Murray.

How on earth Ken Bruce, Steve Wright and Sarah Kennedy are still on national or any radio station at all is beyond me, they are utter rubbish.

I'm afraid I find all the local ones pretty poor, so I'm a Radio 2 man myself, with the very occasional Radio 4.

Radio 2's best DJ is Alex Lester, whom almost no-one has heard of because for some inexplicable reason he's buried on the 0300 am time slot! (I work shifts...)

:)