BBC Radio Sheffield

You'll probably be listening to Chris Evans for quite some time then as Toby will no doubt re live his moment of glory with "HIS" band many many times over the coming weeks / years / decades, bearing in mind the way he rambles on each day about past jobs etc.

Unfortunately have to agree.

Like him generally but he does need to change his script.

Wonder if he got his kids in through the back door as well as part of there work expeirence.

Will some tell him theyre his kids we dont need there life story

Unfortunately have to agree.

Like him generally but he does need to change his script.

Wonder if he got his kids in through the back door as well as part of there work expeirence.

Will some tell him theyre his kids we dont need there life story

Yes, he does seem to be fixated on the Foster family.

Yawn.

What staggers is me is with radio figures so low, how are things not shook up at Radio Sheffield?

http://www.rajar.co.uk/listening/quarterly_listening.php

Hallam are head and shoulders above them.

Commercial radio is much more cut throat, Radio Sheffield's Breakfast show had more listeners 10 years ago but still Toby Foster is on air. I don't think the station can progress until they have a serious review of their output.

---------- Post added 06-11-2016 at 13:01 ----------

btw- I only mean Hallam are ahead of them in listening figures, I can't listen to them for long either :hihi: but at least the music is a bit more modern :rolleyes:

Except my mum's 82 and she thinks radio Sheffield is "old fashioned "

And looking at their listener figures, South Yorkshire agrees with her. How can you have these numbers and not change the line up in ten years? Bizarre.

I occasionally switch to radio sheffield in the morning when I get annoyed with Nicky Campbell on 5-live loving the sound of his own voice and asking his multi-claused questions. And again in the afternoon when Adrian Durham on Talk Sport is trying just a bit too hard to be controversial and shockjockish.

The only time I ever switch to radio sheffield because I actually want to hear what is on is when the roads might be affected by snow, (or for example when we had gridlock due to the flooding a few years ago) or on sunday mornings, when I do quite like Clueless - just for the quiz aspect of it, I'm not so keen on the style of the presenters, and the mateyness with the regular phoners-in.

What staggers is me is with radio figures so low, how are things not shook up at Radio Sheffield?

http://www.rajar.co.uk/listening/quarterly_listening.php

Hallam are head and shoulders above them.

Commercial radio is much more cut throat, Radio Sheffield's Breakfast show had more listeners 10 years ago but still Toby Foster is on air. I don't think the station can progress until they have a serious review of their output.

---------- Post added 06-11-2016 at 13:01 ----------

btw- I only mean Hallam are ahead of them in listening figures, I can't listen to them for long either :hihi: but at least the music is a bit more modern :rolleyes:

Toby's program last evening won the Gold for the best breakfast show on the network at the respected 'Gillard' awards so Toby must be doing something right mustn't he his job is quite safe I'd say.