Who will the Blades sell first?

willman

And you're only going on rumours that the Blades do.

I can't see the figure being £6 million, but I can see that we will need to reduce the wage bill.

We have a lot of players who are just bit part players who would be viable options for us to leave.

it was published in the free press that he had to trim 6mill a year from wags bill, i can only speculate on what i read,i'm not saying its correct just whats in print.

yeh why dont the mighty owls ever buy anyone just loan players all the time, there should be some sort of of rule

I think that the loan system is the next best thing to sliced bread.

At least the loan player gets a run out in competitive play instead of just warming a bench somewhere.

yea, i think he could go for 4million if utd went down, around that anyway. theres plenty of players you could get rid of but i wouldnt bank on bt being there at start of season, just because a player says he wants to stay, doesnt mean he will or means it

Lets say the following leave; Hendrie (£15k a week), Carney (£10k a week), Horsefield (£10k a week), Gillespie (£10k a week), Shelton (£15k a week), Webber (£10k a week) all leave thats £3,64m saved in wages without even touching on the first team.

Willman - bearing in mind no one else has seen this magical story of yours i think the figure of £6m off the wage bill is a bit wide of the mark. Our current wage bill is about £10m a year, so i wouldn't be surprised if Balckwell has been told to trim the wage bill as no doubt we have the highst in the league.

Lets say the following leave; Hendrie (£15k a week), Carney (£10k a week), Horsefield (£10k a week), Gillespie (£10k a week), Shelton (£15k a week), Webber (£10k a week) all leave thats £3,64m saved in wages without even touching on the first team.

Willman - bearing in mind no one else has seen this magical story of yours i think the figure of £6m off the wage bill is a bit wide of the mark. Our current wage bill is about £10m a year, so i wouldn't be surprised if Balckwell has been told to trim the wage bill as no doubt we have the highst in the league.

It was repeated on Radio Sheffield. I'm not saying the figure is correct, but it's clearly been heard by more than Willman.

It was repeated on Radio Sheffield. I'm not saying the figure is correct, but it's clearly been heard by more than Willman.

I'll have to take your word for it, i don't listen to the squealings of RadioPig.

Either certain players are on more than we all thought or the credit crunch has hit Bramall Lane.

If we have to trim £6m off the wage bill our wages will be the same as Wednesdays and this goes against everything McCabe is planning.

I'd take these comments with a very large pinch of salt.

Don't get me wrong i see a number of fringe players leaving the Lane pre season as the squad needs to be cut to a 22/24 man squad as opposed to the 30+ we've got at the moment.