St Luke's bid for Graves Park / Norton Nurseries

Do you support St Luke's bid?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support St Luke's bid?

• Yes
    • No

:D:D:D:D:

I have just heard the news that St Lukes have abandoned plans to move to Norton Nursery.:D:D:D

I just can't wait to hear the official SLH public statement. Captain Chaos and the rest of the starship calamity will be wriggling now "How do we get out of this mess and save face and our fat salary cheques"

Please tell us more!

I was informed half an hourago that they have issued a press release saying that they are no longer pursuing the Norton Nursery site alongside Graves Park.

I added the last 3 words:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:. Just couldn't resist it.

I was informed half an hourago that they have issued a press release saying that they are no longer pursuing the Norton Nursery site alongside Graves Park..

Shame they can't be bothered to update their webshite, as they're still asking for signatures to their petition:rolleyes:

Great news, but I want to see how they phrase it and where they're turning their attention. Can't help but be cynical about St.Lukes :suspect:

Below statement issued today by Sheffield City Council and St Luke's

Hospice, for your information.

PRESS STATEMENT

"On Monday 2nd June, Cllr Paul Scriven, Leader of Sheffield City

Council, together with members of the Cabinet and representatives of the

Trustees of St Luke's met following Cllr Scriven's recent invitation. It

was an open and constructive meeting, and as a result both sides agreed

to look for a mutually beneficial way forward. Another meeting has been

set up in eight weeks time for further discussion.

"In the meantime St Luke's have agreed that their application to

re-locate to Norton Nurseries will not be progressed while both parties

work together to find a satisfactory solution to the issue, which

includes looking at other possible sites. This will be the main topic of

conversation for the next meeting."

Sheffield City Council and St Luke's Hospice

4 June 2008

The spin they put on this is going to be very interesting. Will this be a graceful retreat or the start of a new phase of attack and recrimination? I think there are certain people connected with or symapthetic to St Lukes who simple won't be able to resist the latter. We've already seen a taster from Albert I reckon.

Article from the Star

CONTROVERSIAL plans by St Luke's Hospice to relocate to Graves Park have been dropped, it was revealed today.

Hospice bosses have agreed to put on hold plans of relocating to the Norton Nurseries site in a southern corner of the park.

The new Lib Dem council made clear it would not sanction the move - in contrast to the previous Labour administration which supported the proposals.

Interestingly they are putting the plans on hold. 2yr hold anyone??

Article from the Star

CONTROVERSIAL plans by St Luke's Hospice to relocate to Graves Park have been dropped, it was revealed today.

Hospice bosses have agreed to put on hold plans of relocating to the Norton Nurseries site in a southern corner of the park.

The new Lib Dem council made clear it would not sanction the move - in contrast to the previous Labour administration which supported the proposals.

Interestingly they are putting the plans on hold. 2yr hold anyone??

That's the way I read it too. In the meantime it also gives them a graceful get-out, 'We haven't given up on the Nurseries site, but we're looking at alternatives' so when one comes up they can claim it's better, hoping that everyone has forgotten their previous statements about having looked at all the alternatives but none were as good as the Nurseries. Just what part of 'No' don't they understand? I hope there's now a demand from SLH supporters (and ex-supporters) to know just how much has been spent on this campaign.