Morrissey leaves England over immigration

Who is this Morrisey guy anyway? :rolleyes:

I had to resort to google to find out what all the fuss was about....and it's all about nothing really. Just an ageing rock artist whose opinions will be of little importance to most UK citizens.

If he finds life in Italy more to his liking - good luck to him :D

"I am another member of the exodus planning on leaving this once great country (and going by certain newspaper articles it appears that there are many, many more doing the same)."

So you are going to become an immigrant then. You will no doubt hope to be welcomed in the new country (is it English speaking or will you be learning the language and assimilating into its culture straight away?) rather than being demonised, considered part of an "alien tide" etc.

Of course I'd learn the lingo. I wouldn't be going cap in hand expecting all the freebies. I'd assimilate too and I'd certainly embrace the culture of whichever country I went to.

I'd also be planning on setting up in business and paying my way. It makes me laugh (in a strange way) when I read that some of the immigrants here can claim family tax credit which actually ends up being sent 'home' to wife and family.

As per Christmas and loony councils, have a walk round our city and count how many illuminations there are which actually say 'Merry Christmas'. Not many I tell you. But a few coloured lights? Well, it ticks more boxes doesn't it?

So the son of an immigrant, becomes an immigrant because he doesn't agree with immigration. Hmmmm :huh:

Ha! i agree! So many people complain about it,a nd then move abroad themselves! My grandparents are immigrants so i don't feel i can complain about the levels in this country. I wouldnt be here if it werent for them coming to the uk.

How do you think natives of the Costa Del Sol feel about people going there to live? People generally move abroad to make a better life for themselves.