Do You Have An Allergy?

Do You Have An Allergy?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have An Allergy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know/ Not Sure

I don't have any allergys as such.

All that's wrong with me is that I'm prone to colds- I should eat more fruit!

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Bonny that's exactly how my mouth feels after a tomato.

They are the worst food of all for me. But not if they're well cooked for some reason. If I buy a ready made sandwich and there's a bit of tomato inside which I didn't notice, then I get the same problem. Tomato Ketchup never gives me any trouble, or chilli with lots of tomato paste. I cannot eat tinned fruit their juice, some people eat a desert with tinned fruit, and I have to avoid that too as I get a sore mouth, although If the same stuff is set in a trifle I have no problem.

Where was the place you went for testing and how much is it?

I went to Holland & Barrats (is that how you spell it) they have someone there from time to time. They also picked up that I had a serious magnesium defficiency and I had to go to the doctors about that to get it sorted. They asked me if I had been getting muscle spasms, which was quite wierd as all the way through the test my face was twitching severley and had been for about a month. This was caused by the lack of magnesium.

If you give them a call they can tell you when they are next having one there. I think it cost around £80 for the full test.

I'm allergic to Nickel (well I assume it's nickel). A few years ago I suddenly came out in really nasty swollen rash whenever I wore cheap metal. I can now only wear gold, silver, surgical steel, plantinum or the rare range of hypoallergic jewellery makes when I can find them. It's really annoying because even belt buckles and buttons on jeans bring me out in rashes so whenever I wear jeans I have to sew material over the button or put nail varnish on it. Good job I wear contacts as I couldn't wear my glasses anymore unless I buy plastic frame ones.

Also allergic to certain shell fish like mussels. Really annoying as used to love them but now make me violently sick. Can still eat other fish like prawns, lobster, crab. I miss mussels.

Allergic to coconut and any products with it in like soaps and shampoos. Makes me ill and brings out a rash rather than a anaphyllatic nut allergy.

Allergic to some perfumes, have no idea what ingredient. Really annoying when someone at work sprays or someone walks past in the street with really strong perfume on. Makes me sneeze and eyes water. Worst nightmare, when sat on bus or in theatre and someone sits next to me with strong perfume on.

everyones allergic to something, they didnt have this 30 years ago!! mines penecillin and some washing powders

i have an allergy to

plasters!! :clap: i can only have hypoallergenic ones! other wise i get a rash and my wound gets worse!

Dust, pollen, cats and, worst of all, Cliff Richard. The latter really makes my skin crawl.

im now allergic to this pen iv been using at college. just a bog standard plastic biro and all where iv been holding it to write has a red bumpy tiny blisters like the size of this full stop . its gross and it hurts!

I too have a cat fur allergy, itchy skin, watery eyes, Darth Vader respiratory wheeze.

Whenever I used to go to my big sister's house when I was a kid (she had 2 cats) my histemine would be off the chocks!

She got really cross & accused me of

'putting-it-on-for-attention'

... women :loopy:

When I worked in A/E, 'have you any allergies'

was a standard triage question.

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE how many funny & original people said work, the wife, the kids, etc ... yawn.

I quickly learned to ask 'have you ever had a reaction to medicines or sticking plaster?'

So be warned all you would-be comics.

Hospital staff have heard them all before. Many times.

They're not funny & never have been! :rolleyes:

That said there are many people who feel obliged to be allergic to something . Often it would be penicillin.

When quizzed as to what had happened when they took it you'd get 'I don't know I've never had any - but my grandma was allergic to it' :loopy:

or you'd just get 'antibiotics' :?

'which ones?' ... ''dunno'' .... 'what happens?'

... 'diarrhoea' ....

side effect, not necessarily an allergy.:thumbsup:

Not really ranting :suspect: TTFN xxx

I think i can honestly say 'Yes' to this question due to my horrible time over the Christmas period lol

I have an allergy... Penicillin being the cullprit :?

I get huge big blobby things all over me that itch like hell... :rant:

Thank goodness for Antihistamines... they're great... they worked in a matter of minutes... make ya sleep loads too lol

Originally posted by franc1987

im now allergic to this pen iv been using at college. just a bog standard plastic biro and all where iv been holding it to write has a red bumpy tiny blisters like the size of this full stop . its gross and it hurts!

Sounds like you've been writing too much to me :?

Originally posted by Angel05

Sounds like you've been writing too much to me :?

lol, I'm just allergic to the writing :clap: