Do You Have An Allergy?

Do You Have An Allergy?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have An Allergy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know/ Not Sure

Hi!

I was having a chat with my mate the other day and we noticed that nearly all our friends have an allergy of somekind.

I was just wondering how many people on the forum have an allergy and if so, what is the allergy and how does it affect you?

I just thought it would be interesting to know! :)

Cats - sneezing, swollen eyes

Pollen - see above

Alcohol - skin contact induces a rash

Yup,

Some Pollern allergy - sneezing, running eyes, but less so than even a few years ago.

A nut allergy - not sure which not, though I know it's NOT peanuts or hazelnuts. I think it's walnuts or Brazils, but just to be safe I avoid nuts. If I eat one of teh offending nuts my mouth swells up.

I think that's it!

Joe

Originally posted by Strix

Alcohol - skin contact induces a rash

What a waste.. Pouring alcohol on your skin :rant:

I have no allergies that Im aware off... I always feel sick whenever I see fish or even smell it :gag: (Not an allergy tho I feel)

Johnsons baby lotion, any other brand is ok.

Also a common one, Geraniums or strawberry leaves.

About a year ago I paid for a sensetivity test doing at holland and barrats.

I went as i was having extreme pain in my stomach and diaphram for four years that made me pass out and vomit. I had been going to the doctors about it who kept drawing a blank, and giving me Gaviscon?

Anyway, the test said I was sensitive to loads of things, pectin, tomatoes, all grapes and anything that related to a cow (quite strange as I avoid these things naturally).

Turned out that my gallbladder was about to burst and it had been picked up on a scan but no one informed me. My doctor called me at home after looking at my notes later and admitted me there and then!

Been fantastic ever since.

I have the same alcohol allergy as Strix...doesn't stop me drinking it though! :D

I'm also allergic to shoes! :confused: To be more specific...leather ones. Something to do with the glue used on leather and if it comes into to contact with my skin, nasty rash. I have one now :(

Originally posted by fizz

I have the same alcohol allergy as Strix...doesn't stop me drinking it though! :D

Same here :partyhat:

Originally posted by fizz

I'm also allergic to shoes! :confused: To be more specific...leather ones. Something to do with the glue used on leather and if it comes into to contact with my skin, nasty rash. I have one now :(

AAAARGGGGHHH! How do you live with that???

Hmmmm, shoes.... Leather ones......Hmmm, leather boots.....*sigh*

Originally posted by Deejay

What a waste.. Pouring alcohol on your skin :rant:

Not me, of course! Silly drunk people in clubs can be very careless :(

I have an allergy to nickel - which means I'm allergic to cheap jewellery! (Not that I'd wear such stuff anyway! :D).

If I was to wear a 9 carat gold chain, for example, within a couple of hours my neck would be itching like mad, and I'd have red marks all round my neck. Lovely!

So I'm restricted to 18 carat and above for gold. Platinum and titanium are fine though !! :thumbsup:

StarSparkle :)

PS I've also got an allergy to tomato soup - makes me feel very strange. Also tomato puree - though raw tomatoes and tinned tomatoes are ok. Makes eating pizza a bit of a lottery!

Originally posted by StarSparkle

I have an allergy to nickel - which means I'm allergic to cheap jewellery!

Yeah, me too. I have a beautifully etched cuff bracelet about 3-4 inches deep. Itches like (erm, cough), but it still gets the occasional outing!

I had allergy tests done as a child and am allergic to pollen, housedust, wool and cats. Some dogs make me itch too. Eggs also make me very sick but are ok if baked in something. (can't eat quiche or omlette etc) I have to be carefull with citrus fruits as they can spark off migraines.

Both my kids had allergies/intollerances as babies. Both had terrible reactions to dairy products and had to have soya milk instead. My son was weaned as a vegan then when I introduced eggs at about 2 years, he had an awfull reaction to eggs also. They both have excema and hayfever too.

I guess we are just an allergic kind of family.