Driving instructor - Megathread

I'd really recommend Ian Priest from JDM. Give him a call on 07973 417849. More info on prices etc can be found at http://www.jdmsheffield.com/.

Hi Snickers

Give Claire a call on 0800 781 7656, she will arrange some lessons for you. We also offer and introductory rate and Student discounts, also we only have fully qualified DSA Instuctors. (No trainee instructors)

Hi Snickers

Give Claire a call on 0800 781 7656, she will arrange some lessons for you. We also offer and introductory rate and Student discounts, also we only have fully qualified DSA Instuctors. (No trainee instructors)

yeah, martin, my mrs has lessons with them at the moment!!!!

good company!!

Jon Woodward, you can find his number and details on here

Freeway school of motoring 0114 2341563

Ask for Paul :thumbsup:

Freeway school of motoring 0114 2341536

Ask for Paul :thumbsup:

I too would have to say that Paul from Freeway School of motoring IS a good driving instructor. I called a few other driving schools but they aren't in the same league as Paul. At the end of the day, you pay for what you get. If you want to gain confidence on the road, if you want to feel competent at driving, then Paul is your man.

Could do you a deal of first 5 hours for £50, then £18 an hour after that.

All our instructors are fully qualified too.

I need to learn to drive this summer and I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good local driving school or instructor? Are the smaller firms better than people like BSM? I'm 21, but a complete beginner. I am also a student so I need the prices to be reasonable! Currently living in the Abbeydale/London Road area. Thanks. :)

I would recommend Martin Woodward, my son is 19 and is using them, my other son passed first time with them as well, as per other quotes ring and ask for Claire. She uses both manual and automatic.

I learnt with Dave at AM SOM - check out http://www.am-som.co.uk and can highly recommend him. Dave - 264 2472

I believe from a friend whos using him at the moment for lessons that hes offering £10 for the first lesson and then its £18 per hour after that (£17 if your a student) and if you pay for 10 lessons in advance you get the 11th free.

One way I think is to tell if a ADI is any good is to check out if they drive in a good manner while alone as well, or if it's a matter of do as I say and not as I do.

The reason being that I noticed one ADI from one of the schools mentioned decided that the no right turn on Prince of Wales Road that led on to Littledale estate did not aply to them. Also, as the middle bit is a no entry it is usual for drivers to double up, so amagine the the problem if someone had decided to do this only to be met with them coming in the opposite direction. Not only that, the road that they were turning in was not clear (due to a pair of idiots chatting through their windows to one another at the junction) but that did not stop them from partially blocking a duel carriage way

Well it wasn't me!!