Driving instructor - Megathread

Instructors using too big cars? The largest car ive seen in a lesson is the new micra. Thats not large either, its just fat n ugly. :hihi:

hi does anyone know of any driving school in sheffield using small citreons or small cars for tuition. I am driving in a corsa and find loads of other instructors using too big cars.thanks.

Hi Nisha99, we have a citreon C2. You can call me on 0800 781 7656 or 0114 2016565. Claire

i mean the backs are too high as in when dong reversing and that.i have to stretch up too much and its awkward. corsas have too high backs aswel.

thanks for the idea i could try a cushion. just for some advice would you rather learn in a car thats small and comfortable but the driving instructor is bitchy, or would you rather learn in a bigger car with a friendly driving instructor. im a bit stuck in between two different instructors who i might be taking lessons from i need to chose one instructor.much appreciated.

thanks for the idea i could try a cushion. just for some advice would you rather learn in a car thats small and comfortable but the driving instructor is bitchy, or would you rather learn in a bigger car with a friendly driving instructor. im a bit stuck in between two different instructors who i might be taking lessons from i need to chose one instructor.much appreciated.

If the instructor is bitchy then shes also unprofessional and I'd steer well clear.

If you learn in a bigger car, it can't be a bad thing can it.

i am so comfortable with my instructor, but not really with the car, same as yourself, but i've stuck with it as my instructor is really cool and relaxed :)

you see i know i would definitely pass my test in a car what the bitchy instructor has an old peugeot 106. however in my next lesson i will try using a cushion in my friendly instructors car.once you start taking lessons with a new instructor u have to show them all over again what u know which i dont want to regret if i fail in the bigger car :rolleyes: what do u think guys?

neither, find sum1 else

waste of time and money otherwise

although your driving lesson should be professional it should also be fun, you should feel that at the end of each lesson you have learnt something, you should also look forward to your next one, I agree with one of the other forummers who said have lessons with neither, find someone who makes you feel comfortable in all aspects of learning and driving. my husband always advises his pupils that if there is something they are not happy with wether it be him, his teaching methods or car then move on to someone else. you are the one thats paying for these lessons and you will learn more when in a happy situation.

Totally agree with the post above. Remember you're paying for a service and as such don't be afraid to shop around and try a few instructors (and cars!) until you're happy. If you're still looking for a friendly, patient and professional instructor (with a small car!), I may be able to help :-) will-2-pass.co.uk

i think the driving instructor is 1 on his own its not a company.Also hes good hes not out there to rip people off he just wants people to pass first time