Driving instructor - Megathread

I'd recommend Ian Priest from JDM. His direct number is 07973 417849.

I learnt to drive with Dave from AM School of Motoring - I found him to be patient and friendly and I passed first time.

I believe his lessons are £18 per hour and £17 per hour for students (you might want to double check these when you call) plus if you book and pay for 10 lessons in advance you get the 11th lesson free.

His number is 264 2472 or his website is http://www.am-som.co.uk

Good Luck

Try Martin Woodward, Good, friendly, instructors, cover most of Sheffield, also a long established company.

Try paul bennett he has a website if you search his name in google. I started from not having any lessons and passed first time with him. He also doesn't get you to have more lessons than you need to get money out of you.

Cheers all, had a couple of reccomendations for Dave @ AM so will give him a call once I've sorted a day off with work.

My daughter passed on her first attempt with a guy trading under the name of Logical, I don't have his details to hand but can find them if you're interested. He was recommended to us by neighbours who'd also had a first-time pass.

could you possibly get me these details? =]

Mr Bridger who lurks in this very forum is the dOgZ NuTz :thumbsup: ( for you older people that means hes good ;) )

Another vote for the aforementioned Mr Bridger. :D

I have heard that Alan's, at Upperthorpe, is good. They drive minis which are great cars to learn in. phone 2660369

Avoid Bill Plant.....I live on a quiet road, good for 3 point turns, and have seen at least 2 of their instructors snogging pupils outside my house!!!:o

Do a search on the forum there are thousands of posts like this.

Another vote for the aforementioned Mr Bridger. :D

And here's ANOTHER vote for the notorious DAM good driving instructor from me :D

Thanks for helping me to fulfill one of my many dreams Paul :D

Terry's number is 01142447096.

Sorry it took so long