Driving instructor - Megathread

give paula a ring 2324581 i am takin lessons with her she works for herself she charges £18 a hour she is great very frindly some of my family are also learning wiv her

Im with bsm, had a couple of lessons so far and love it!

The people that they are driving for would NOT let them out in a car to teach a pupil if they did not think that they were competent in doing so.

Hmmm, not sure about this. When some of these national driving schools charge the instructors a few hundred pounds per week for the privilege of using one of their cars, supplying pupils,etc, don't be surprised that sometimes the financial incentive of having two dozen cars on the roads driven by trainees is more lucrative to the companies concerned, especially if the pupils are non the wiser about the instructors qualification level. If in doubt look for the green badge, only fully DSA approved instructors can display it.

Being able to pass parts 1 & 2 is the easy part, part 3 has by far the lowest pass rate for a reason. True, a trainee licence can be beneficial in achieving the part 3 pass, but a lot of hard work goes with it. No gain without pain.

anybody no why driving lessons are so expensive £30 per hour :rant:

that must be bsm or aa.!

To cover the cost of the car, petrol, insurance, maintanence, wages, tax etc etc

try Jon Wooward hes ace I passed first time with him, theres a thread on here type in Jon Woodward

at an educated guess i recon its because the car must be insured up to the eyeballs, thinkin about whos driving it !

Come on then Craig - who is charging £30 an hour?

Most independants are charging £18/19 an hour I don't know of any that charge £30, seems a bit high to me.