Driving instructor - Megathread

Not sure where you in Sheffield are but I learnt with Dave at AM School of Motoring and I can 100% recommend him, he is patient, reliable, friendly and I passed first time.

He charges £18 per hour or £17 for students and if you pay upfront for 10 lessons you get the 11th free so its even cheaper.

Check out - http://www.am-som.co.uk or call 2642472 and speak to Dave

anybody no why driving lessons are so expensive £30 per hour :rant:

I dont know any company that charges that! bsm is £22 an hour. I have had 6 hours so far and i am enjoying it. my instructor has a proper set out plan when teaching. When I had a private instructor before it wasnt as structured!

Howdy.

Theres quite a few, as in martin woodward, aa, Bill Plant(but was once told there have instracutors that aren't qualified??)

Here at Martin Woodward's we only have FULLY QUALIFIED DSA INSTRUCTORS and all cars are comprehensively insured for driving tuition.

I am learning with DriveWright, nearly ready for my test now! :)

Martyn charges £18 an hour, does block booking discounts, first lesson only £5!!!!! Hes really patient, funny, easy to get on with and a very good instructor! I know two of his pupils and they have both passed within the last few months. He is also registered for pass plus!!

His phone number is 0114 231 2789

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Cheapest isn't always the best but £30 per hour is a bit steep too. Our prices are £20 per hour PAYG. Offers are available. We only use fully qualified instructors.

try passtime sdhool of motoring brill instructor and cheap 0114 2451989

Howdy.

Theres probs a thread like this, im not sure, if so direct me in the right place.

Can you please tell me of your experiences with certain companies which provide driving lessons.. Basically cheapest what there like etc..

Theres quite a few, as in martin woodward, aa, Bill Plant(but was once told there have instracutors that aren't qualified??)

Any info/help?

Cheers..

When I first began doing driving lessons, I went with the AA and unfortunately for me, the driving instructor used leave me feeling so tense that when it came to getting out of the car, I was in so much pain that I had to use codene to kill the pain. I then decided to go with BSM. Even though the instructor that they chose for me was slightly inexperienced, he was a dam good instructor. :D He then dropped the bombshell to say that he was leaving BSM and going independent. My heart sank! :sad: I was REALLY and trully comfortable with this particular instructor. However, I was given the opportunity to carry on lesson's with him by leaving BSM and becoming a student of his:) . Anyhow, to cut a long story short, this driving instructor gave me confidence and he made me feel as if HE believed in ME. This particular driving instructor enabled me to achieve the one thing that I've been waiting 21 years for, and thats my driving licence. The driving instructor in question is Mr PAUL RODGERS of FREEWAY SCHOOL OF MOTORING :thumbsup:

If you WANT to pass and have a driving instructor to help you, then contact Paul Rodgers on 07989 107799 or go to http://www.freeway-som.co.uk

Good driving with Paul :thumbsup:

Hi i was just wondering if anyone can help? i'm trying to find the phone number of my old driving instructor, he dosn't advertise in the yellow pages or thompson directory his name is terry newall, i took lessons in the handsworth area and also my test at handsworth , passing the first time after 10 lessons, but i am from s4 if anyone knows him or his phone number i would be grateful if you could help . What it is my daughter wants driving lessons & i found him very good there must be someone out there that knows him or knows if he is still an instructor

I need to learn to drive this summer and I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good local driving school or instructor? Are the smaller firms better than people like BSM? I'm 21, but a complete beginner. I am also a student so I need the prices to be reasonable! Currently living in the Abbeydale/London Road area. Thanks. :)

I know a good driving instructor, GEM Driving school, based in dronfield but does Sheffield and chesterfield. His number is 01246 417233, I wouldn't recommend BSM at all. He's called Gerald.

daves school of motoring is good!!! good prices not sure of number!