Sunday lunch meet with a short walk first  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Sunday lunch meet with a short walk first

• Strines Inn
    • Wadsley Jack
    • Fox House
    • Sportsman, Lodge Moor
    • Middlewood Tavern

Cheers for the suggestion Albert, I'd not thought about "foreign crap" until now, so how about we just do a pub crawl down London Road, have about 10 pints, and then all have a donner with chill sauce on at Kebabisch? Can't wait!

That's another idea. I've added the posting!

...how about we just do a pub crawl down London Road, have about 10 pints, and then all have a donner with chill sauce on at Kebabisch?

You been spying on me Albert ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobz

Cheers for the suggestion Albert, I'd not thought about "foreign crap" until now, so how about we just do a pub crawl down London Road, have about 10 pints, and then all have a donner with chill sauce on at Kebabisch? Can't wait!

OR... what about 8 pints, folowed by the traditional jellied eels,pie and peas, pigs trotters,tripe, haggis,finney haddock (with poached egg on the top,of course), a dry rissole,a scallop, something called a fish cake which is neither a fish, animal,vegetable or mineral, mincemeat imported from elsewhere where no regs apply, a greasy snake and kidley pudding, followed by ginger pud with ice cream ? :D

Just a tiny suggestion - from a late night poster who is a bit fatigued. I think I'd like to support the Middlewood Tavern - I've never been in but the collapse of the road between Middlewood and Outibridge seems to have dealt this place a real blow. I don't know what the food is like, but it's very close to walks through Beeley Wood and it's close to the Middlewood tram terminus and there's loads of parking now that traffic can't get through. If not soon, perhaps in a few weeks.

Excellent idea Godzilla! Me and Billysmum had a nice walk through Beeley Woods from Claywheels lane up to Oughtibridge (pre-flood), and it was a really nice leisurely potter, good paths and no hills!

...and kidley pudding, followed by ginger pud with ice cream ? :D

mmmmmm.....ginger pud with ice cream!!!! :love:

...but what on earth is kidley pudding?! Never heard of that one!

The Sportsman at Lodge Moor is very good for Sunday Lunch-and very laid back atmosphere, too-even welcoming well-behaved dogs. We've done a few walks around that area already, but I'm sure there are a few more we could check out.

mmmmmm.....ginger pud with ice cream!!!! :love:

...but what on earth is kidley pudding?! Never heard of that one!

snake and kidley =steak and kidney.

Evidently you were brought up posh:D

snake and kidley =steak and kidney.

Evidently you were brought up posh:D

:D maybe.....possibly.....probably so! I was brought up in Leicestershire by folks originating from Norwich, so I suppose I'm a posh Southerner compared to you South Yorkshire folks! In my family, steak and kidney pies from the chippy - you know the ones, PUKKA PIES - were always referred to as "B.O. pies" on account of how they smell, of course! Steak and kidney pudding was just that, "steak and kidney pudding". It happens to be one of my Dad's favourites! Thanks for the enlightenment, anyway! :)

I'll put everyone off.

Why not come up to my house and I'll cook the meal.

Now THERE's a thought.....! :hihi:

Now THERE's a thought.....! :hihi:

I'll have to have a look at the ' Wills ' first, to see that I get a mention!!