Sunday lunch meet with a short walk first  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Sunday lunch meet with a short walk first

• Strines Inn
    • Wadsley Jack
    • Fox House
    • Sportsman, Lodge Moor
    • Middlewood Tavern

Well it's nice to know that you can get a good debate going in here just by asking for suggestions for a social meet, even if they do go off the subject somewhat!

I think we'll put it to a vote though once all the ideas are in, have a democratic decision for once. At the moment though, due to the number of mentions it's looking like the London Road idea gets the nod. Possibly walking and eating at the same time even!

We could all start off at the same point, give ourselves 30 minutes find some food, then rendezvous later with the spoils.

The Sportsman at Lodge Moor is very good for Sunday Lunch-and very laid back atmosphere, too-even welcoming well-behaved dogs. We've done a few walks around that area already, but I'm sure there are a few more we could check out.

HELP, I have had my identity stolen. I didn't write that! :o:suspect:

Note to self ALWAYS log out of SF before leaving your mums house :roll:

I'm always up for Sunday lunch though, just tell me the time and place and I will be there.

Fox House do a nice Sunday lunch and I don't think that you need to book.

Useful if it rains!!

Well it's nice to know that you can get a good debate going in here just by asking for suggestions for a social meet, even if they do go off the subject somewhat!

I think we'll put it to a vote though once all the ideas are in, have a democratic decision for once. At the moment though, due to the number of mentions it's looking like the London Road idea gets the nod. Possibly walking and eating at the same time even!

WE ARE FORUM, WE ARE LEGION, AND I'M SPARTACUS :hihi:

WE ARE FORUM, WE ARE LEGION, AND I'M SPARTACUS :hihi:

Who's ' Spartacus '?

That ghost who reputed to hang around the Roman Road that runs from Hope/Vale of Edale over to the bottom of Alport Dale?

He can pay for the meal. ( if his Giro arrives in time).

:D maybe.....possibly.....probably so! I was brought up in Leicestershire by folks originating from Norwich, so I suppose I'm a posh Southerner compared to you South Yorkshire folks!

Leicstershire: THAT IS UP NORTH!!!!!!!!!!! Well from Kent it is.

Now added a poll. Hopefully just interested parties will vote, but as always with these things you never know. If nothing else it'll give us something to talk about on the next walk!

Now added a poll. Hopefully just interested parties will vote, but as always with these things you never know. If nothing else it'll give us something to talk about on the next walk!

Is the Dinner take place even if it Rains?

Last Friday evening I enjoyed a lovely well cooked piece of steak at the Fox House I'll recomend it to everyone, Good Parking and walking.

Sorry scoobz, I can't vote for any because I have never been to any of them or even know where they are:huh: But as long as they serve good food I am happy to go with the majority:hihi:

oh we would be up for a sunday lunch do you have a particular sunday in mind?

(need notice so i can sort kids):)

I once read an interesting post about the Sportsman, Lodge Moor.

Here it is.

Not sure whether it's still relevant or how it would affect your choice though.