Fiat punto intermitent engine management light

Hi i have a 08 Fiat Punto and when driving on the motorway the engine management light flashed 3 times a amber colour and went off, and on my way back home on the motorway it happened again, any suggestions?

This is something that happens on Fiats. You should have a red key and a blue key. The blue key is for driving. The red key is a reset for the engine management. It resets all default settings. If you start the engine on the red key and drive for 5 minutes it should be sorted.

If you don't have the red key it is a trip to dealers.

This is something that happens on Fiats. You should have a red key and a blue key. The blue key is for driving. The red key is a reset for the engine management. It resets all default settings. If you start the engine on the red key and drive for 5 minutes it should be sorted.

I thought the red key was ditched back in 2003

It's an Italian car and they need an 'Italian tune' every now and then. Drive the car like you stole it for a couple of days and use the horn a lot.

Hi i have a 08 Fiat Punto and when driving on the motorway the engine management light flashed 3 times a amber colour and went off, and on my way back home on the motorway it happened again, any suggestions?

Just chuck it in a black bin! it will fit.:hihi:

The red key does not reset anything. The red key is used to code the blue keys and they stopped using the red and blue keys sometime in 03.

^^^ This is the problem with seeking car advice on the internet - anyone can write any old load of cobblers :roll: