Prince Abdullah steps down at the Lane

byeo

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20140629-prince-abdullah-1705681.aspx

Sheffield United today welcomed the appointment of the Club's co-owner Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to one of the highest profile roles in his home country of Saudi Arabia.

"Whilst remaining co-owner of the Blades with Kevin McCabe, the Prince's future commitments in his own country, where he becomes President of the General Presidency for Youth Welfare (the equivalent of the Minister of Sport in the UK), means he will step down as co-chairman. The effect on the Club's Board proceedings will be seamless as the Prince's Principal Advisor, Jim Phipps, has been requested to manage HRH's interests at Sheffield United."

Taken from Twitter:

Abdullah Bin Mosaad ‏@Saudi49er 45m

Dear Blades Family, King Abdullah has asked me to look after sport & youth welfare in Saudi Arabia. This will take me away for a time.

Abdullah Bin Mosaad ‏@Saudi49er 44m

I'm happy to serve my country, but sad to leave the SUFC board. It's been an honour to serve you as co-chairman.

Impact? I'm still a Blade. My son, Prince Abdulrahman, Jim & Selahattin will carry on with Jim as co-chair. Nothing else changes.

So, looks like Jim Phipps is stepping up and not much else changes...hopefully.

Thoughts ?

Edited by byeo

It would be nice if he sent some promising youngsters to the academy and help raise our profile, they would perhaps go back praising Sheffield which wouldn't do us any harm at all.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

thought you had yer own good uns coming through the academy?

So nothing changes much then.

Appears not. Judging by the first post it seems that they might have been aware that this might happen for some time and that is why the Prince has his associates around in the first place.

Mammadov might do the same over at our place, when a business man has a few business interests he can't front them all after all.

Sheffield United today welcomed the appointment of the Club's co-owner Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to one of the highest profile roles in his home country of Saudi Arabia.

"Whilst remaining co-owner of the Blades with Kevin McCabe, the Prince's future commitments in his own country, where he becomes President of the General Presidency for Youth Welfare (the equivalent of the Minister of Sport in the UK), means he will step down as co-chairman. The effect on the Club's Board proceedings will be seamless as the Prince's Principal Advisor, Jim Phipps, has been requested to manage HRH's interests at Sheffield United."

Taken from Twitter:

Dear Blades Family, King Abdullah has asked me to look after sport & youth welfare in Saudi Arabia. This will take me away for a time.

I'm happy to serve my country, but sad to leave the SUFC board. It's been an honour to serve you as co-chairman.

Impact? I'm still a Blade. My son, Prince Abdulrahman, Jim & Selahattin will carry on with Jim as co-chair. Nothing else changes.

Thoughts ?

All the reports to come out following the announcement seem to back up the fact that nothing much will change.

All we have to worry about is the fact that he will get bored, but he has shown no signs of doing so yet.

Taken from Twitter:

Thoughts ?

2 words ! Jim Phipps .. No worries then owd Jim can spend the Prince's dough :hihi: 2 more words OH DEAR :D

---------- Post added 30-06-2014 at 20:34 ----------

Taken from Twitter:

Thoughts ?

Poundsworth, Grappler, Canadablade , Bypass, S6 paint work is always high on your'e agenda.. So whats yer thoughts on your'e PRINCE takin a back step ??? :hihi::D

Edited by snap jiper

2 words ! Jim Phipps .. No worries then owd Jim can spend the Prince's dough :hihi: 2 more words OH DEAR :D

---------- Post added 30-06-2014 at 20:34 ----------

Poundsworth, Grappler, Canadablade , Bypass, S6 paint work is always high on your'e agenda.. So whats yer thoughts on your'e PRINCE takin a back step ??? :hihi::D

The owners of a lot of clubs aren't chairmen of the board, remind me again who is the chairman of swfc and who owns them?.