Prince Abdullah steps down at the Lane

byeo

Ignoring your first line.... If you read my earlier posts I said I wasn't making a dig about your chairmans expenditure at United.... I'm not looking to point score over who's spent most money....obviously you know more about Mammadov than most Wednesdayites... Especially so considering you went to the trouble of looking up company information about his PLC and posting it on this forum...

When did I do that?.

Thanks for the compliment on my knowledge about Wednesday reading a lot on here I'm sure you are correct about that....

To be fair that's true of loads of chairmen.

Successful canny businessmen in real life, get involved with a football club and completely lose the plot! :)[/quote]

Can't count Richards in that,a useless business man and a useless chairman.

To be fair that's true of loads of chairmen.

Successful canny businessmen in real life, get involved with a football club and completely lose the plot! :)[/quote]

Can't count Richards in that,a useless business man and a useless chairman.

Have to fully agree with you there, a nasty useless piece of work as well.

Funny enough the only two Wednesday directors I've ever met were both gentlemen.

Eric Taylor and Matt Shepherd, I met them both through business and couldn't find a reason to dislike either.

Obviously, as a Blade I gave it a go but it didn't work, decent guys both of them. :)

Funny how Wednesday fans slag Dave Richards who during his tenure gave Wednesday fans their most successful times in most fans living memory.

The years owls fans constantly go back to in many football debate to back their massive tag up.

Those times may be the cause of their later demise but would any of them wish they never happened?.

Have to fully agree with you there, a nasty useless piece of work as well.

Funny enough the only two Wednesday directors I've ever met were both gentlemen.

Eric Taylor and Matt Shepherd, I met them both through business and couldn't find a reason to dislike either.

Obviously, as a Blade I gave it a go but it didn't work, decent guys both of them. :)

I saw Dave Richards in the Arena Square Pub not long ago....and he had a bouncer with him for protection....bizarre...dont know if that was to protect from irate Wednesdayites or former business associates...!! :hihi:

I saw Dave Richards in the Arena Square Pub not long ago....and he had a bouncer with him for protection....bizarre...dont know if that was to protect from irate Wednesdayites or former business associates...!! :hihi:

The bouncer has a life saving certificate for

---------- Post added 02-07-2014 at 11:12 ----------

Funny how Wednesday fans slag Dave Richards who during his tenure gave Wednesday fans their most successful times in most fans living memory.

The years owls fans constantly go back to in many football debate to back their massive tag up.

Those times may be the cause of their later demise but would any of them wish they never happened?.

Good point. He did have a go but then got out when he saw the writing on the wall at Wednesday and saw a fresh opportunity for self-aggrandisement.

Yes but did he Richards do anything toward it or did his tenure just happen to coincide?

Genuine question, I have no idea as I don't pay too much attention to the goings on at S6, I have disasters of my own to worry about. :D

Yes but did he Richards do anything toward it or did his tenure just happen to coincide?

Genuine question, I have no idea as I don't pay too much attention to the goings on at S6, I have disasters of my own to worry about. :D

I actually did work for his company three star engineering and I had contracts at swfc and spent a lot of time there behind the scenes and seeing what went on day to day. All I can say about Dave Richards when he was there is that he was Wednesday through and through and spent a lot of time there taking schoolkids, scouts and cubs etc on tours of the ground, he used to say "these are our future season ticket holders".

As for him doing anything towards the succes him being the man in charge would suggest so....

Edited by trav4

Mc Gee sowed the seeds of our rise,Atkinson was in charge of the team when Richards was made chairman,my thoughts are he was in the right place at the right time when we were at our best but when he had to carry it on he did a runner when he failed.

Mc Gee sowed the seeds of our rise,Atkinson was in charge of the team when Richards was made chairman,my thoughts are he was in the right place at the right time when we were at our best but when he had to carry it on he did a runner when he failed.

Trevor Francis joined them when Richards was in charge.