Prince Abdullah steps down at the Lane

:hihi:for sure, but the season is 6 weeks away!

And the Owls have not got a starting 11 :hihi: 4 players have not signed their contracts and the potential buyer has a credit rating lower than a snakes belly :)

If the situation is still the same in say 5.1/2 weeks then maybe its time to panic...:rolleyes:

and our new owner is very very very wealthy:thumbsup:

If the situation is still the same in say 5.1/2 weeks then maybe its time to panic...:rolleyes:

and our new owner is very very very wealthy:thumbsup:

As we all would be if we held on to our money instead of paying our dues.:thumbsup:

As we all would be if we held on to our money instead of paying our dues.:thumbsup:

correct...but its not that simple with Mammadov and Lens is it?....

---------- Post added 01-07-2014 at 15:49 ----------

correct...but its not that simple with Mammadov and Lens is it?....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have no idea my friend, I was just making a contribution, not passing judgement.

I have no idea my friend, I was just making a contribution, not passing judgement.

i just wish i was 1 pound behind him:hihi:

I remember when United tinkered around buying into multiple clubs they said it was to cherry pick promising youngsters and to try to further the clubs brand name.

McCabe got his fingers well and truly burned and hopefully lessons were learned, but this gives credence to the question ... is Mammodov serious or is he looking to gain a foothold and therefore publicity for Lens club.

If I was a supporter the main doubt I would have is that the chap has three clubs now so where does his heart lie?

I remember when United tinkered around buying into multiple clubs they said it was to cherry pick promising youngsters and to try to further the clubs brand name.

McCabe got his fingers well and truly burned and hopefully lessons were learned, but this gives credence to the question ... is Mammodov serious or is he looking to gain a foothold and therefore publicity for Lens club.

If I was a supporter the main doubt I would have is that the chap has three clubs now so where does his heart lie?

i agree to a certain extent,but Mammadov is putting vast amounts of money into Lens,sponsoring Athletico Madrid...etc etc...which to be fair is more than McCabe put in to his ventures...(thats not a dig by the way!)..so i think he's being serious

Ultimately,getting into the Premier League is the aim,with all the riches that brings and only then would he get some reward back..

But if/when this deal gets football league approval and he can answer questions directly and maybe then we could stop second guessing his motives.

i agree to a certain extent,but Mammadov is putting vast amounts of money into Lens,sponsoring Athletico Madrid...etc etc...which to be fair is more than McCabe put in to his ventures...(thats not a dig by the way!)..so i think he's being serious

Ultimately,getting into the Premier League is the aim,with all the riches that brings and only then would he get some reward back..

But if/when this deal gets football league approval and he can answer questions directly and maybe then we could stop second guessing his motives.

Can you tell me if he is putting vast amounts into Lens why are/were they in trouble for not having £7m?.....Also Mamadov did not dive into the transfer market last season preferring to go with what they had and their academy, he attended two games all season and is not considered to be an owner who splashes the cash buying his way out of trouble.....He is a shareholder at Athletico and I didn't know he sponsored them but take your word for it.....As for saying he has put more than McCabe into his football ventures I would like to see how much he really has coughed up because if Wednesday accountants on here are to be believed McCabe has spent about £68m on the Blades venture.........They can't come on here saying United are in all that debt unless he has spent it on them in the first place.....

Edited by trav4

Can you tell me if he is putting vast amounts into Lens why are/were they in trouble for not having £7m?.....Also Mamadov did not dive into the transfer market last season preferring to go with what they had and their academy, he attended two games all season and is not considered to be an owner who splashes the cash buying his way out of trouble.....He is a shareholder at Athletico and I didn't know he sponsored them but take your word for it.....As for saying he has put more than McCabe into his football ventures I would like to see how much he really has coughed up because if Wednesday accountants on here are to be believed McCabe has spent about £68m on the Blades venture.........They can't come on here saying United are in all that debt unless he has spent it on them in the first place.....

I dont know the full ins and outs of why this shortfall at Lens has occured anymore than you...but it would appear to be a blip rather than a major issue....and you appear clued up on Mammadovs spending and match attendances,so i wont argue on that point....but they gained promotion and if he repeated the trick at Hillsborough adopting the same principles ,then we would be more than happy.

With regards McCabes investments against Mammadov...who's really bothered...at the end of the day we both want our respective teams doing well.....

I must point out that that the EPL is not the be all & end all, look at QPR they lost 64m after just one season there & are over 160m in debt.