White working class boys, bottom of class.

more likely that teachers spend most of their time helping non english speaking pupils understand the lessons:roll:

and feckless white parents of the kids dont give a stuff about education, its learnt behaviour from previous generations on the welfare!

Edited by mattythefish

more likely that teachers spend most of their time helping non english speaking pupils understand the lessons:roll:

and feckless white parents of the kids dont give a stuff about education, its learnt behaviour from previous generations on the welfare!

More likely that the foreign pupils have a better work ethic than the English kids.

Ironically, your attitude is typical of the knuckle dragging welfare generation.

Hang on a minute, maybe, just maybe, it's you lot that are actually the problem with this country?! Ever thought of emigrating? We already have one perfectly good Matt Hayes in the UK!!

feckless white parents of the kids dont give a stuff about education!

But aren't there feckless black parents who are one parent families? Even black boys from this background are doing better then their white counterparts.

I always got this sort of nonsense from parents as well: "My kid not learning cus you hav to many coloured kids, im no racist but." Look at yourself darling, you are coming in here in your adidas tracky bottoms, not wearing a bra and looking like you just rolled out of bed, how is your kid going to understand that achievement in life goes beyond finding a drink for the evening?

Of course you can't say that to parents in schools, but I can assure you that most under performing kids come from broken homes and homes where the parents simply don't care for whatever reason, race has nothing to do with that.

I always got this sort of nonsense from parents as well: "My kid not learning cus you hav to many coloured kids, im no racist but." Look at yourself darling, you are coming in here in your adidas tracky bottoms, not wearing a bra and looking like you just rolled out of bed, how is your kid going to understand that achievement in life goes beyond finding a drink for the evening?

Of course you can't say that to parents in schools, but I can assure you that most under performing kids come from broken homes and homes where the parents simply don't care for whatever reason, race has nothing to do with that.

:thumbsup::clap::clap:

Except that white working class British kids are behind kids from Indian, Chinese, African and Caribbean backgrounds, all of whom would be in the same classes.

The shift key is the one on the left with an upwards-pointing arrow, if there were too many non-English speaking kids in your school for you to have learned that.

I don't think it is the 'working class' that is the issue. The working class are people who slog their guts out, in the hope that they will make their kids' lives better.

The working class are the battlers that turn up to work every day and watch their rich bosses swan into work late in their BMWs and Mercs.

I think the issue is more with the benefits kids who don't have good role models, or the rich people who have a sense on entitlement, and think that everyone else is going to do everything for them - including being substitute parents.

But aren't there feckless black parents who are one parent families? Even black boys from this background are doing better then their white counterparts.

I don't think anyone would claim there aren't any such parents in all ethnicities but there do seem to be more such white parents.

As for your first post questioning whether it was because of the teachers, the proposal to lengthen the school day so pupils can do their homework at school quite clearly points to the home environment created by the parents being the cause of the problems.