White working class boys, bottom of class.

More likely that the foreign pupils have a better work ethic than the English kids.

The problem is the same in other countries.

The indigenous population get wealthy and lazy, you then get poor foreigners coming into the country and being more motitated, they get the jobs.

The indigenous population get wealthy and lazy, you then get poor foreigners coming into the country and being more motitated, they get the jobs.

I blame the parents, I wonder how many of the lazy kids have parents that take their car to a car wash instead of washing it themselves or getting their kids to wash it.

They tend to be rubbish jobs with very little pay, often living in boot camp affairs with dorms or being supported with lodging by their family or friends. They put up with this discomfort for a relatively short time and then return home after study or start a small business with the money they saved whilst working here. The same can't be said for British kids because they have to put up with it for much longer.

Then they are gangs trafficking/smiggling people into the UK to be exploited. Would you put up with that? I know I wouldn't.

I always got this sort of nonsense from parents as well: My kid not learning cus you hav to many coloured kids, im no racist but[/i]." Look at yourself darling, you are coming in here in your adidas tracky bottoms, not wearing a bra and looking like you just rolled out of bed, how is your kid going to understand that achievement in life goes beyond finding a drink for the evening?

Of course you can't say that to parents in schools, but I can assure you that most under performing kids come from broken homes and homes where the parents simply don't care for whatever reason, race has nothing to do with that.

Since when did what someone wears determine their learning ability ?

Since when did what someone wears determine their learning ability ?

On the other hand, why does it seem to me that people who hang around job centres and get pushed on worthless courses etc, are those very people who have a tendency track suits baseball caps have 28 inch TV and drink and smoke etc? It’s how they’ve been brought up and their parents probably had the same attitude. If they cleaned themselves up a bit, tried in their education, related to people better, they might stand a chance of a bit of a better life, but it’s not guaranteed

On the other hand, why does it seem to me that people who hang around job centres and get pushed on worthless courses etc, are those very people who have a tendency track suits baseball caps have 28 inch TV and drink and smoke etc? It’s how they’ve been brought up and their parents probably had the same attitude. If they cleaned themselves up a bit, tried in their education, related to people better, they might stand a chance of a bit of a better life, but it’s not guaranteed

Now I know why I am looked down upon. Is it because I wear a baseball cap?

It's because they can only afford a small TV. But they aren't suffering, they can simply sit closer.

Funnily enough, all the middle class people I know drink as well, the solicitors possibly the most, but the doctors are close behind!

It's because they can only afford a small TV. But they aren't suffering, they can simply sit closer.

Funnily enough, all the middle class people I know drink as well, the solicitors possibly the most, but the doctors are close behind!

Yeah, but do they wear baseball caps?

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 17:57 ----------

Now I know why I am looked down upon. Is it because I wear a baseball cap?

There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap Yeah, we'll die in the class we were born That's a class of our own, my love - Pete Doherty

In spite of all their bravado and swagger I think these kids are scared.

Scared of failing, so they don't try (then they can't fail,) scared of finding their place in the world - they don't know how to so regress to being perennial children / teenagers, scared of real challenge - they lack backbone and perseverance.

Self confidence is fundamental to all these, as is self discipline, but these haven't been sufficiently nurtured, and so they cling to their equally ineffective peer group for support, where effective role models would be more useful.

This lack of self confidence is covered up with an exagerated 'couldn't care less' attitude and outright defiance and indiference.

What do you think?

Good post Janie, I think this is a part of it.

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 18:22 ----------

I think boys especially are scared of appearing to bookish for fear of getting the mick taken out of them. Very little is expected of them so they have low expectations themselves.

Poor role models in the media don't help either.

This too.

Plus lack of role models and a failure to see any value in education.