I'm addicted to shoplifting!

It all started around 2 years ago when i was claiming JSA and Cavendish Court Job Centre sanctioned my JSA 4 times within 8 weeks and I did not have a penny from the DWP for over 3 months. I appealed all 4 sanctions and eventually won and was back payed all the JSA they owed me.

Although my shoplifting started off out of sheer need and desperation, I'm now working full time and earn a moderate living, but if I go more than 3 days without shop lifting I get severely depressed and suffer more reoccurring nightmares (PTSD) of an incident whilst serving in the armed forces.

Most of the goods I steal now are worthless to me and just end up been donated to charity shops (crap such as pillow cases and candles) it's just I feel compelled to do it or feel severely depressed, and excitement is lacking in my life.

For the record I'm not trying to justify my cravings for theft but I never steal from independents.

Edited by nikki-red

Have you spoken to your doctor about this? Or to one of the organisations who help former members of the armed forces?

I am not a professional but this sounds to me like an illness which needs to be treated, rather than criminal behaviour to be punished.

It all started around 2 years ago when i was claiming JSA and Cavendish Court Job Centre sanctioned my JSA 4 times within 8 weeks and I did not have a penny from the DWP for over 3 months. I appealed all 4 sanctions and eventually won and was back payed all the JSA they owed me.

Although my shoplifting started off out of sheer need and desperation, I'm now working full time and earn a moderate living, but if I go more than 3 days without shop lifting I get severely depressed and suffer more reoccurring nightmares (PTSD) of an incident whilst serving in the armed forces.

Most of the goods I steal now are worthless to me and just end up been donated to charity shops (crap such as pillow cases and candles) it's just I feel compelled to do it or feel severely depressed, and excitement is lacking in my life.

For the record I'm not trying to justify my cravings for theft but I never steal from independents.

People do this with binge eating. They fill a gap with food.

Edited by nikki-red

If you could get me some Lynx, Duracell and Nescafe id be really grateful :D

Edited by nikki-red

Have you spoken to your doctor about this? Or to one of the organisations who help former members of the armed forces?

I am not a professional but this sounds to me like an illness which needs to be treated, rather than criminal behaviour to be punished.

This sounds like good advice to me.

See a Doctor, he may refer you to a Psychotherapist, but you do need help.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 07-05-2014 at 08:29 ----------

Can you get me a microwave?LOL

That made me chuckle. :hihi:

Regards

Doom