Granny stuck in loo over night.

Those are some of the cleanest toilets around though so she was quite lucky - had she been locked in the ones in Leeds bus station she might have been traumatised!

It used to be my dream when I was a kid to get locked in somewhere like Boots or Smiths overnight!

anybody remember those old cheesey sinful rugby songs lps?

my dad has one lol

it has the old classic "oooh dear what can the matter be 6 old ladies locked in the lavatory, they were there from sunday to saturday, nobody knew they were there"

think thats right, been about 25 years since i last heard it :P

anybody remember those old cheesey sinful rugby songs lps?

my dad has one lol

it has the old classic "oooh dear what can the matter be 6 old ladies locked in the lavatory, they were there from sunday to saturday, nobody knew they were there"

think thats right, been about 25 years since i last heard it :P

We used to sing that at school when I was a kid - only the words were "oooh dear what can the matter be, Johnny's stuck in the lavatory, etc etc"

Ahh, happy days.... :D

StarSparkle

Did her experience leave her a little flushed? :hihi:

No! it left her frustrated! She had pulled the chain repeatedly expecting the butler to appear but nothing! :hihi:

Might I suggest that her next holiday destination should be a small quaint little place off the A387 :hihi::hihi:

Seriously, I admire the jovial way she handled the situation.

I had a similar problem only last weekend - down in my cellar, soldering something-or-other.

I heard my beloved open the cellar door and take the hoover out, just before she absent-mindedly turned the lights out.

"Oy!"

Nothing.

"OY!!"

Nothing.

There am I, soldering iron in hand, pitch black. Workbench in front of me, not exactly tidy...bits of rag...sawdust...bits of plastic....therefore big problem putting the iron down.

Risk putting the iron down, and stumble along the corridor, stagger upstairs to the light switch?

Follow iron flex back to the plug, turn off, and wait for it to cool?

Tricky - lots of cables, going underneath the bench....

"OY- YOU DEAF BUGGER!!"

Nothing....

I heard the hoover rumbling across the floor above....

Ah-ha...

Bang on cellar ceiling.....

"OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nothing.

I started to remember all those films where the blind heroine is desperately trying to avoid the axe murderer....she always escapes, but then again I've never seen one where she's holding a bloody hot soldering iron.

Groped around to my side, and felt the vice...Managed to clamp the soldering iron pointing upwards in it, before wandering along the corridor, sleepwalk-style. Arms out, tiny steps.

Bounced my way upstairs before eventually finding the light switch and door, just in time to hear the hoover being switched off....

And my beloved's comment after all this?

"I hope you haven't made a mess down there..."

I had a similar problem only last weekend - down in my cellar, soldering something-or-other.

I heard my beloved open the cellar door and take the hoover out, just before she absent-mindedly turned the lights out.

"Oy!"

Nothing.

"OY!!"

Nothing.

There am I, soldering iron in hand, pitch black. Workbench in front of me, not exactly tidy...bits of rag...sawdust...bits of plastic....therefore big problem putting the iron down.

Risk putting the iron down, and stumble along the corridor, stagger upstairs to the light switch?

Follow iron flex back to the plug, turn off, and wait for it to cool?

Tricky - lots of cables, going underneath the bench....

"OY- YOU DEAF BUGGER!!"

Nothing....

I heard the hoover rumbling across the floor above....

Ah-ha...

Bang on cellar ceiling.....

"OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Nothing.

I started to remember all those films where the blind heroine is desperately trying to avoid the axe murderer....she always escapes, but then again I've never seen one where she's holding a bloody hot soldering iron.

Groped around to my side, and felt the vice...Managed to clamp the soldering iron pointing upwards in it, before wandering along the corridor, sleepwalk-style. Arms out, tiny steps.

Bounced my way upstairs before eventually finding the light switch and door, just in time to hear the hoover being switched off....

And my beloved's comment after all this?

"I hope you haven't made a mess down there..."

Dearie me, some people do fuss over the smallest inconvenience :hihi::hihi:

Those are some of the cleanest toilets around though so she was quite lucky - had she been locked in the ones in Leeds bus station she might have been traumatised!

It used to be my dream when I was a kid to get locked in somewhere like Boots or Smiths overnight!

Mine was/is be locked in a banks safe with pockets that are miles deep and all cctv not working then id say a robber locked me in here lol

Archived