Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

I went for my graduation meal and the service was impeccable - lovely helpful waitress who got a lovely big tip for it :) The food was very good, if a little thin in choice, and the location and view was lovely.

I tried it on Sunday and have to say I found it a distinctly average gastro-pub. Nothing really to complain about but certainly nothing to rave about either.

Pretty average...

I love it, not too up its own backside like most restaurants, and has two menus, day and night.

I love it, not too up its own backside like most restaurants, and has two menus, day and night.

I have never been, but would like to try it.

Sunday Lunch at the Dam House-was pretty dissapointed as I've not been out for a meal for a long time.Good times-Lamb seemed good, vegetables good (portions bit too small) great yorkshire puddings...

Bad Times-mushroom lasagne was pre-cooked then microwave re-heated, so it was dry and chewy outside, and any sauce it had (as the flavour would've been good I think) been dried out by microwaving it. Same story with the pudding-microwaved, chewy and dry.

The food would've been good if fresh, so please chef, just ditch the microwave!!

We went a couple of weeks ago mid-week. The place was half full then. We had great service and they bent over backward for the awkward eater of our group (me!).

I would definitely go there again.

Nice food and classy bar..... and cocktails!!!

Alright in the beer garden looking over the lake with a nice JD and Coke

How much is this fantastic JD and coke you are so enamoured with?

I had my 50th party at Dam House last week- the service was impeccable, the setting is the most impressive of any city centre restaurant, and everyone told me that the food was good, if not great. My friend's band played- we bopped, while others strolled round the lake.

Yes, the menu is slightly quirky and some dishes better than others (I should have ordered the pot au chocolat for pudding!!!), but I had a fantastic night and so did my family and friends.

Thanks to everyone at Dam House and, no- I'm not related to Jackdanny!

How much is this fantastic JD and coke you are so enamoured with?

Get you, ooohh!

Why you buying?

Anyone been to the Dam House recently? Am thinking of trying it with a large group and wondered what people's experience is?

thanks;)