Dam House - Weston Park. Your experiences.

gnomi

I went there about two months ago with my girlfriend on a Saturday night. I thought the decor and location was great, as was the atmosphere. The food was nice but the portions were a little small. It tends more towards well-presented nouvelle cuisine than hearty filling food and it was a little expensive, but overall we were fairly pleased.

:)

• 2 months later...

Called in Friday lunchtime. They now have waitress service which is nice. The food was very good though a touch expensive. This was simply a bar meal (in my case bbq chicken burger) as the place was packed out with students who had passed their exams celebrating with their families.

In fact, I felt somewhat underdressed!

It's nice to go on a (ha, ha, remember these?) 'summer's day' and sit on the patio. Then again, it's a pub that serves booze so any time's a good time to go.

Called in Friday lunchtime. They now have waitress service which is nice. The food was very good though a touch expensive. This was simply a bar meal (in my case bbq chicken burger) as the place was packed out with students who had passed their exams celebrating with their families.

In fact, I felt somewhat underdressed!

It's nice to go on a (ha, ha, remember these?) 'summer's day' and sit on the patio. Then again, it's a pub that serves booze so any time's a good time to go.

summer's day????? what the hell is summer??? :hihi::D

summer's day????? what the hell is summer??? :hihi::D

I know, I know. Sorry for that.

I just had a touch of nostalgia. Endless summer days and sultry nights; light, loose clothing, the Pimms on ice and the sounds of the birds in the trees.

In the distance, the sound of an ambulance rushing off to some drink-driver who's crashed into a tree, the ice-cream vendor shouting for help as he's just been robbed by thee nine year old kids.

The grass on which you lay, strewn with dog-muck and discarded needles. Mungo Jerry on t' wireless singing In The Summertime.

Summer eh? Eee, them were t' days...,

I know, I know. Sorry for that.

I just had a touch of nostalgia. Endless summer days and sultry nights; light, loose clothing, the Pimms on ice and the sounds of the birds in the trees.

In the distance, the sound of an ambulance rushing off to some drink-driver who's crashed into a tree, the ice-cream vendor shouting for help as he's just been robbed by thee nine year old kids.

The grass on which you lay, strewn with dog-muck and discarded needles. Mungo Jerry on t' wireless singing In The Summertime.

Summer eh? Eee, them were t' days...,

OOOOOoooo that Summer, we remember them well!!! :D:cry: