Songs of Praise - do you watch it?

slimsid2000

Do you watch Songs of Praise every Sunday?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch Songs of Praise every Sunday?

wow Happyhippy and Redrobbo :(

---------- Post added 15-10-2017 at 16:55 ----------

to try and keep up with the times? to try and be relevant? to attract new blood

I was watching a few Paul Carrack videos on You Tube recently and one came on of him singing Living Years in a church which was full.I believe it was Songs of Praise. Nice version and he left his hat off LOL . Not sure of the year but it looked quite recent.

Edited by Ontarian1981

...Have our God botherers now turned to this kind of a service, ...

I was a Girl Guide, briefly, in the early 80s. At a church service the company took part in there were folk dancing down the aisles and waving their arms and guitars about. Extreme happy clappy has been around for decades.

At times I half watch Songs of Praise, and there is the odd religious song I like even though I am not religious.

A few years ago a friend of mine was trying to get me to go to church hoping I would find god like her.

We went to St Thomas Church in Crooks were she lived. What an experience that was, never seen a church as full as that before, not even on Songs of Praise. Half way through the service some of the people looked as though they were in some sort of a trance. There were hands waving in the air, shouting to god I think. Some were talking in a strange voice with their arms waving all over the place. When I asked my friend what they were saying and doing, she said they were speaking in tongues, some sort of biblical talk she told me. I couldn’t wait to get out. There was a lot of students there, but it did draw the crowds in with all that hokey poky going on.

I went to the 6’0 clock service, there was a 9’0 clock service that was in the news not long after my few visits. I think the Anglican vicar or what ever he was, was being investegted for sexual abuse, or something to that effect about his 9’0 clock service. It’s what he was doing during the service to women. I’m sure there was also a documentary about him on TV.

Edited by hauxwell

I remember years ago , a wet sunday teatime , with my ex in her parents caravan . Ex was reading , I was flicking around tv , on came songs of praise , I started singing along with the hymns . Ex was amazed that I knew all the words to the hymns , I berated her about her lowly education . All the time keeping quiet about the fact that all the hymns were subtitled :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I remember years ago , a wet sunday teatime , with my ex in her parents caravan . Ex was reading , I was flicking around tv , on came songs of praise , I started singing along with the hymns . Ex was amazed that I knew all the words to the hymns , I berated her about her lowly education . All the time keeping quiet about the fact that all the hymns were subtitled :hihi::hihi::hihi:

surprised you can read tbh