Looting Reported on Calendar

I know this subject has been posted before and was pulled due to not naming it's sources but on Calendar tonight it did mention reports of looting in Doncaster.

I had heard rumours of the same around Meadowhall but did not post as this was just a rumour.

Would that be in Toll Bar by any chance?

Yes I think it was.

I heard this also on Calender, how low can these thieving (insert name/word of choice) get? Was there rumours of looting in Catcliff(sp) area also?These poor people have enough problems without this aswell !

I heard this also on Calender, how low can these thieving (insert name/word of choice) get? Was there rumours of looting in Catcliff(sp) area also?These poor people have enough problems without this aswell !

They don't care, it's as simple as that.

I can't believe that. Anybody who see others lookng shifty in houses where alarms are going off etc. Report them! :rant:

I know that some areas have a heavy police presence to put in security for people's belongings too. Some people can forget about it. There's also tv coverage and footages. I did hear that Catcliffe areas are heavily policed too.

Quite a few abandoned car down brightside/meadowhall got broken into..............pondlife :rant:

I saw some down Brightside way with one window smashed, quite a few in fact. If all the windows were smashed or 2 or 3 then you can put it down to damage from the flood, but when the drivers window alone is smashed, that smells of theiving scum.

said on the radio crime had dropped during flood period

pondlife

Well, there would've been a fair ammount of it about after the flooding:D.

I can't believe that. Anybody who see others lookng shifty in houses where alarms are going off etc. Report them! :rant:

I know that some areas have a heavy police presence to put in security for people's belongings too. Some people can forget about it. There's also tv coverage and footages. I did hear that Catcliffe areas are heavily policed too.

Yes when we were doing the candle drop off last night there were Community wardens patrolling and some PCSOs, and when the wardens went off duty a private security firm was patrolling the area keeping an eye on the vacated homes.

NO LOOTING HERE :thumbsup:

Crime happens before, during and after floods. I suppose it's easy picking for your casual tea-leaf when everyone's evacuated, without power or when cars are abandoned.

It's not much of a surprise though and not really any worse than robbing someone at any time. Thieves don't normally check the circumstances of their intended victim before deciding whether to rob them or not.

Let's focus on the positive responses of South Yorkshire people to this disaster, like the Winn Gardens saga and the fantastic community spirit that had bene shown by all sections of Sheffield's community.:thumbsup: