Any golfers on here ?

grassmoor??????? hmmmm , well its the lesser of two courses owned by the same people, the best is rufford park ( which is excellent btw) . grassmoor is quite hilly but some interesting holes , spoilt i hasen to add by very wet fairways . the rain did come down last night though . what amazed me was the work that is ongoing while the course is open . one constant stream of 20 ton wagons driving onto the course on very rough temporary roads built for them all around the course on about 3 foot of hardcore. they seem to be building and landscaping the course and they arn't holding back on it either , one bank what they have built i would say is about 30 metres high and covers about 3 acres. bet there were 40 wagons came on to drop hardcore and top soil whilst i was playing. my guess is theyve agreed to get rid of rubble from a massive demolition somewhere ( probably got paid to take it ) and thought theyd landscape the course with it . just a guess mind but its gonna take a while before its pretty again . nice course on a good day , wasn't a good day though for me (dont ask) as for birch hall !!!!!! never play it in winter ... they dont look after it , would be nice if they were going to improve it .... just needs looking after better )

Doesn't sound too good

Can anybody tell me where the nearest driving ranges are to meadowhall... Ive just started learning to play, and could probably squeeze in a little bit of practice at lunchtimes :)

Moorview driving range at Bradway & the one at Rother Valley are the only two in Sheffield as far as I am aware

Nearest to Meadowhall is Pete Cowen Academy on Upper Wortley Road Rotherham (one junction up off M1)

Awesome range owned and run by World no 2 coach Pete Cowen. Upstairs and downstairs bays, top qualtiy balls and mats and tuition all day and night from top pros.

Also has bar area with plasma TV and drinks. Brilliant.

Nearest to Meadowhall is Pete Cowen Academy on Upper Wortley Road Rotherham (one junction up off M1)

Awesome range owned and run by World no 2 coach Pete Cowen. Upstairs and downstairs bays, top qualtiy balls and mats and tuition all day and night from top pros.

Also has bar area with plasma TV and drinks. Brilliant.

I'd echo the above, excellent driving range where I once practised with Thomas Bjorn in the next bay (think Cowan coached him at the time).

I'd also add a cheap one at Concord as well, you get thirty balls for a quid which might be useful if you have time pressure at dinner time, only about 5-10 minutes from Meadowhell.

Thanks for those, I'll check them both out during the coming week.. whereabouts is concord golf course then, do you park in the same place as the sports centre ?

Round the back of the Sports Centre, you'll need a pound coin though!

Golf course is next to the range, haven't played it for a while but it would be a good course for beginners!

played tinsley today, shot a 90, my best round by about 12 shots!!!

anyone played thorne? playing with work in a couple of weeks.

should have a sheffieldforum golf round or somet.

Not played Thorne, but would be up for a Sheffield forum golf meet