Any golfers on here ?

How did you get on ? course condition etc etc.

Didn't get on, got there at 4.00 only to be told that the last time was at three.

Absolutely stupid, there was two and a half hours light.

I'm playing tomorrow and Friday though, Tinsley tomorrow and then I think Silkstone on Friday on 2 for 1.

I played Tinsley at the weekend, the greens are decent for this time of the year but I'm not keen on the forward tees, I missed three holes out and was 11 under fives, with a back nine of one over par (three putted the 16th as well). The problem is with the tees so far forward you can hit a three iron off most tees and only have a short iron left, this suits me as my driver is the biggest danger to my scorecard:hihi:

Have you been playing much lately?

Thats pretty good going:thumbsup:

It's an easy course, in terms of shots how many shots harder do you reckon R.V or C.P is?

I reckon they have to be at least 5 shots harder, with Tinsley on a lot of holes you can hit irons off the tea, I don't think you can on others.

It's an easy course, in terms of shots how many shots harder do you reckon R.V or C.P is?

I reckon they have to be at least 5 shots harder, with Tinsley on a lot of holes you can hit irons off the tea, I don't think you can on others.

I have not played Tinsley yet but hopefully will do soon.

How much is it a round at Tinsley ?

They have different prices Monday-Thursday and Friday-Sunday, the best value is probably a twilight which is currently at 3.00 and only costs about £7.00 Mon-Thurs £9 Fri-Sun.

It's a nice parkland course with decent greens normally, it's fairly open though which can lead to good scoring.

I'm on a golfit scheme which costs about £43 per month, this allows usage of Tinsley, Beauchief and Royal Birley plus all the swimming pools and Gyms around.

I'd like to hear from older players of Tinsley on here who can remember the course prior to the Airport, it was a cracking course then with some of the best holes lost to the development.