Any golfers on here ?

Just been doing a bit of "research" of club joining fees & subscriptions & that basically for a lot of private clubs within Sheffield you are paying a HUGE joining fee(for what ?) & then another grand or so for your yearly subs.Take a little look around to say Derby & Buxton & you can be paying as little as £455(no typo) & no joining fee for a years golfing.Buxton & High Peak is £150 for Oct to Apr winter golf.

Any comments;)

Just been doing a bit of "research" of club joining fees & subscriptions & that basically for a lot of private clubs within Sheffield you are paying a HUGE joining fee(for what ?) & then another grand or so for your yearly subs.Take a little look around to say Derby & Buxton & you can be paying as little as £455(no typo) & no joining fee for a years golfing.Buxton & High Peak is £150 for Oct to Apr winter golf.

Any comments;)

It's an awful lot of money to join, I don't know why this area is so much more expensive than others. I know people who are members of good quality clubs in Scotland and Cornwall and they pay a lot less.

THe problem with Buxton in the middle of winter would be drainage I guess, I can imagine with it being so high up that it would be more vulnerable to the worst weather.

Now if College Pines did that offer, I'd snatch their hand off!

It's an awful lot of money to join, I don't know why this area is so much more expensive than others. I know people who are members of good quality clubs in Scotland and Cornwall and they pay a lot less.

THe problem with Buxton in the middle of winter would be drainage I guess, I can imagine with it being so high up that it would be more vulnerable to the worst weather.

Now if College Pines did that offer, I'd snatch their hand off!

£150 for winter fees.Oct to Mar;County membership aswell;)

http://www.bhpgc.co.uk/buxton_and_high_peak_golf_club_fees.htm

• 3 weeks later...
Playing Hickleton and Sitwell next month.

What can I expect at each course (other than 18 holes and lots of grass :P )?

Hickleton:

North side of Barnsley. In great nick and very picturesque. The greens were superb for this time of year, and the fairways nice and lush and dry.

The course layout is varied and interesting. Some of the par 4's are driveable, but they've given them sufficient character to make you think twice about getting the big stick out. Be warned, it's got some gradients though.

Sitwell:

Pretty much as above, except I thought the greens were in even better nick, but it's even more hilly. And the 18th is a killer final hole par 4.

I'd recommend both courses for a day out.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a golf nut also! I mainly play Beauchief and Tinsley and occasionally Birley. I'm not brilliant - i've only recently started to break 100 but i'm improving all the time. I have some dunlop irons and then most of the other stuff i have is Hippo (Driver, sandwedge, rescue club) as i find them cheap but good quality.

The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews and the United States Golf Association have agreed on the standards that golf balls have to meet in order to be qualified for use on the course. A good golf ball will meet or exceed these requirements. The rules a golf ball must meet are covered below:

I love Cheap Golf Balls and new innovative brands will make easy to use and perfectness too.

------------------------------------------------------

Adams Parker,

Always use good balls :love:

------------------------------------------------------